help! cannot sleep well -- wake up too early...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by mizhael, Jun 17, 2009.

1. pspr

pspr

Get a hobby to take your mind off of trading after the markets close.

Try
    ~ Radio Controlled Model Airplanes
    ~ Swimming
    ~ Rocketeering
    ~ Tutor A Kid
    ~ Join A Gym
    ~ Go To A Movie
    ~ Golf
    ~ Tennis
    ~ Anything you enjoy that requires concentration and gets you out regularly

#11     Jun 17, 2009
  2. Bob111

Bob111

Motorcycle Safety School\program !

fun,free and great experience.

#12     Jun 17, 2009
  3. since i was a child I discovered that I could see and actually design and build things im my head. I did this mostly at night, It was never a problem. I eventually got to sleep. when I got older I found that my most productive time was from about 9pm until sunrise. The ability to really focus on things while trying to get to sleep started to become a curse. I couldn't turn it off. any thing that required indepth thought was the perfect playground for me to lay in bed and mentally study every detail. I went through a period that I couldn't sleep at all. I could feel my mind falling asleep but it freaked me out and I would wake back up. I finally couldn't take it any more and I started taking steps to help control the problem. During my struggle with sleep I was trading futures and also was a copper artist and they both were the perfect stimulation to keep me awake all night. Your body can become addicted to adrenaline and it will eventially cause some problems if not controlled. One thing I learned is that our mind/body state starts to become memorized. If we spend large percentage of our time in a stressed out condition it will become the normal default state that our bodies will revert to. You need to start to train your mind to be in a more relaxed condition. I have found that meditation (about 20 minutes a day) and exercise helps. i also dont drink any caffene after about noon. There are also lots of things you can do as it relates to trading that will help you be more relaxed obout it. Mostly trade management. Its been kind of a hobby of mine to take note of sleeping habbits of people that I know and work with. It always pisses me off when I meet the ones that can just lay down and they are sleeping in 5 minutes. My wife is like that. She is very sympathetic of my sleep problems but cant really understand why I dont just close my eyes and fall asleep. Its never too late for you to start to work on things that will limit your stress and really try to use sleep time for sleeping and not analyzing the entire worlds problems every night.

If this becomes a serious issue for you PM me and i will try to give you some ground work to help you cope with this.

Good trading and good sleeping to all

#14     Jun 18, 2009
  4. not getting enough sleep can be costly. i am not talking about health. i don't know how much i lost overall because i am not focused on certain days but it must be a fortune. sometimes i can clearly attribute a certain screw-up to being tired and unfocused. like this morning for example, before the open i knew i was not 100% and sleepy. what to do? i just went about my regular trading routine. and it did not take me long to screw up a really good trade (hit sell instead of buy and then took sweet time to get out :( ).

i had some good trades as well today. but it still sucks to shoot myself in the foot once in a while.

#15     Jun 18, 2009
  5. Bob111

Bob111

#16     Jun 18, 2009
  6. Neoxx

Neoxx

AM exercise, PM meditation, avoid TVs/computer screens for the last two hours of the day, and read in dim light pre-sleep.

You may also want to consider this.

#17     Jun 18, 2009
  7. zdreg

zdreg

since i was a child I discovered that I could see and actually design and build things im my head.........
    Good trading and good sleeping to all

#18     Jun 18, 2009
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Try a combo like get a blowjob while rocketeeing, mumbling to the girl whatever is in your mind...After a few times, you should be admitted in psychiatry on the girl request and they got pills for sleep there...

#19     Jun 18, 2009
  9. It's obvious the weed you are smoking sucks!! duh...:D

#20     Jun 18, 2009