Help Buying 19" flat panels

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by millydog, Apr 30, 2006.

1. gnome

gnome

Best you can do is view various ones at a computer store and get the one you like with a 3 year warranty. If you try to save a few bucks and order online, you risk being disappointed by the display quality.

#11     Apr 30, 2006
  2. Just one thing to say... Pricegrabber.com:)

Built myself a whole new screaming fast beautiful system with 19" flat panels and the whole bit for less than 1/2 of what the local comp shops were quoting. Cost on the monitors was $200 each after shipping and a $70 rebate.:D

#12     Apr 30, 2006
  3. Hey thanks all.

I think I will pick up the Dell 1907's. Yeah I did try to see if I could justify the difference in comp Usa between the cheap ones and the expensive ones. I really could'nt tell that much very small difference if any so I figured I'd get some feedback here first.

Thanks everone

#13     Apr 30, 2006
  4. Moreagr

Moreagr

kastro,

I dont see the 149.99 :confused: cheapest is 205 17inch. could you tell me where they are??

#14     Apr 30, 2006
  5. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

Hey millydog.....

The requirements of a level II chart are small in terms of refresh lag.

Some of the newer models bring down the refresh rate.....You may notice differences in fast moving video games with a bit of a blur. Numbers dancing on a level II will give no problems even up to refresh rates of 25ms. The standard has dropped to around 8ms or so.....wont be a problem for your requirements.

Check out this site for reviews....

http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-3173_7-0.html?filter=500140_5306938_&tag=dir.screen.19

I have used the dells that you are speaking about.....solid hardware and nothing fancy. These will work forever for you.

You were asking about failed pixels.....Ensure you have a warranty..The pixel failure is a percentage failure of the area relative to overall area and once the failure reaches a threshold the warranty will kick in....a bit of a pain in the ass but wont usually be a concern....Dell is good about exchanging hardware rapidly.

I use my trading monitor for trading and i watch movies as well. Its a BenQ 19" FP937s. I only chose it becuase a store across the street marked it down for a week. I had 5 monitors in my range and just waited 3 weeks until one of them dropped in price. The extra money you will pay now is paying for technology that is new and therefore overpriced.

Happy purchasing......the trick is to make fat cash trading and these issues become less of a hassle....

Good luck with the trading

#15     Apr 30, 2006
  6. I've found that the quality of LCDs is all good when you're staring at just stock related stuff. It's games and movies that you need the extra quality.

#16     Apr 30, 2006
  7. that's somewhat true. there's not a ton of diiference. and i've seen no difference between analog and dvi connections. but there might be a difference between some no names and names in longevity. if you stay with dell,samsung and viewsonci they're all in the same ball park

#17     Apr 30, 2006