Help building a trading PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JP_co, Mar 12, 2012.

1. JP_co

JP_co

Hey guys,

Looking to build my first PC which would basically be used for trading and normal day to day web browsing, no real high performance gaming.

I recently picked up a new Intel DP67BG motherboard and i7 2700k chip for $200 total and am looking to build the rest around these components.

I currently use a 5 year old Dell XPS 700 to support a 4 monitor setup at 1900 x 1200 resolution but the setup is starting to show its age and struggles when switching charts quickly on esignal and loading indicators/formulas.

Any advice on components to use for a trading platform would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to have support for an 8 monitor setup down the line.

2. Where did you pick up $500 worth of Motherboard & CPU for only $200?

3. That mobo has 2, x16 slots. You should be able to run 2, quad-port video cards for 8 monitors... something like the Nvidia Quadro NVS 420 or 450... and others.

4. Bob111

Bob111

yeah..good question..and why so much power for day to day browsing? some basic $50 AMD dual core and cheap $ 40 mobo will fit for this task perfectly...OP kind of like me..riding on CBR600RR to the liquor store and back in 25mph town

5. you have a cup holder on your CBR600RR?

6. I lol'd at this.

I went to Daytona Bike week one year and you wouldn't believe how many bikes had cup holders on them.

7. Bob111

Bob111

who need a cup holdr,when you can have this-

[​IMG]

fill it up at your local liquor store and you are ready to go :D :D

8. JP_co

JP_co

Intel ran a holiday promotion for employees of its retail partners that bundled the 2 products for $250. A friend of mine got the offer intending to build his own box but then decided against it and offered them to me for $200.

9. 1. Go to bestbuy

2. find computer you like.

3. buy it.

4. trade. make money

you dont need a custom built computer to trade. I don't know how you got to that conclusion. :) I trade on a 2009 laptop.

#10     Mar 14, 2012