Help: Bank of Cyprus took my deposits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You are missing out on a lot of stuff.

There is actually a class of investors out there who would only invest in banks that are about to go bankrupt.

#31     Apr 4, 2013
  2. So you believe that the equity you own today is worth as much as the deposit you had six weeks ago? iIm not speaking of the phenomenal appreciation you anticipate I mean right here and now.

#32     Apr 4, 2013
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

And the best known of those fund managers Wilbur Ross on CNBC said he would not touch Cyprus with a ten foot pole.
    Obviously this is an April fool's joke, otherwise how do you have the time to spend the entire day on elitetrader and manage a hedge fund with so many international clientele, especially from Middle East i.e. every fund from US, London, Singapore and Hong Kong are after them.

#33     Apr 4, 2013
  4. As you know, Mr. Ross does not leave deposits in the banks waiting for them to go broke he negotiates a private placement after they are broke.

#34     Apr 4, 2013
  5. asap

asap

hilarious thread, please carry on.

#35     Apr 4, 2013
  6. The most hardest part in running a hedge fund is in the earlier years when you are trying to get the fund off the ground.

Now that my fund is off the ground and I have worked very hard to get to this level, I could take off and do nothing for the entire year and I will still be alright.

#36     Apr 4, 2013
  7. Mr. Ross has almost 70 years of experience on me. I respect his decision not to invest in Bank of Cyprus.

#37     Apr 4, 2013
  8. achilles28

achilles28

And who would that be?

#38     Apr 4, 2013
  9. zdreg

zdreg

mr ross will be glad to hear that you respect his decision. he will sleep much better at night.

#39     Apr 4, 2013
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

I don't know who RIPLEY is but I am sure he is just having fun...

[EDITED BY MAGNA: At Ripley's request this thread has been Closed]

#40     Apr 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.