Help: Bank of Cyprus took my deposits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21     Apr 4, 2013
  2. Yeah, that was the money I saved up 10 years or so ago mowing neighborhood lawns when I was in high school. I did come down to my last few dollars before I figured out the game.

Just so many haters around nowadays. That was before I went to the top school in the nation and graduated with multiple graduate degrees and having had a chance to work at one of the top investment firms in the nation etc. I have been around and that makes me even at an young age, a ruffled veteran in this business.

#22     Apr 4, 2013
  3. ammo

ammo

now that you and your clients are part owner, and the odds that this bank will turn to dust are high,i would find out what real estate your bank is sitting on, a hotel,beachfront property ,and trade in my shares as soon as possible,you paid for it,take something in return

#23     Apr 4, 2013
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Cyprus is going to be in a severe recession and given that Russians plus other foreign investors will pull their money at the first opportunity what do you think your shares in Bank of Cyprus will be worth? Obviously you are delusional in calling money launderers respectable institution i.e. Bank of Cyprus.

ps smart money exited Cyprus in the 1st quarter of 2012, this is as per Sberbank board director Ronald Freeman on Bloomberg Europe 04/04/2013.

#24     Apr 4, 2013
  5. I believe a well capitalized Bank of Cyprus would be worth many times (in the next couple of years), than what the value multiples the market will place on it at the current economic environment.

I'll take the other side of the trade against the Russians and other foreign investors (especially if they are from the Middle East) any day of the week.

#25     Apr 4, 2013
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Obviously you are delusional in calling money launderers respectable institution i.e. Bank of Cyprus.

ps smart money exited Cyprus in the 1st quarter of 2012, this is as per Sberbank board director Ronald Freeman on Bloomberg Europe 04/04/2013 i.e. you are dumb money...

#26     Apr 4, 2013
  7. I'm the smartest money out there.

Bank of Cyprus gives me certain flexibility to handle some complicated global/international financial transactions unlike most other banks. Which is so very important to me since 75% of the AUM that I manage is international in nature.

#27     Apr 4, 2013
  8. Now I'm depressesd. If I had been smart enough to have money in the Bank of Cyprus I could have been involuntarily converted into equity and be sitting on a great come bet that will probably result in a great return ... someday.

WOW ... did I miss out!!

#28     Apr 4, 2013
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Whats the name of your fund, Ripley?

#29     Apr 4, 2013
  10. The name of my hedge fund is inspired by the greatest and the most successful hedge fund there ever was. Actually the name is very similar.

#30     Apr 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.