Help a forex rookie out.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by IShopAtPublix, Oct 29, 2008.

1. No, whatever you think you've learned hasn't actually happened yet. 50:1 means you can only lose 1% on something before you lose half. That means you'll be down for sure that much at some point.

Or you'll get lucky and think you know what you're doing.

#21     Oct 31, 2008
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Well, I created the course while I was in the hospital this summer for 93 days, which cost me over half a million dollars (Cancer has maxxed me out on my insurance benefits). I also am paying about 10/15K per month for my medications, treatments etc. Since I don't know from day to day how I'm going to feel, and often spend several days at a stretch very sick, I can't really trade right now. I suppose I could qualify for welfare if I just decided to give up and go on the dole. Would you rather me do that?

#22     Oct 31, 2008
  3. I think that this got away from the op question and my 2nd response is that look by telling Lu to stay away from the forex we are saving some money for you if your asking the questions like this you not ready take a step back and demo account it for a while have you done your backtesting do you know how to place your stops and understand your risk level and money management strategy?

#23     Oct 31, 2008
  4. FX is quoted as follows:

USDJPY=100

This means that every $1 is equivalent to 100 Yen

So, let's say you bought $1,000,000 of USDJPY at 100:

$1,000,000*100 = JPY 100,000,000

You now own 1,000,000 Japanese Yen

Now let's say the exchange rate goes to USDJPY = 105 and you want to convert your Yen back in $:

JPY 100,000,000/105 = $952,380.95

Bad trade. You lost $47,629.05

Your actual broker's statement might show a slightly different amount since they might discount from value date, but it will be close to this number.

#24     Oct 31, 2008
  5. jaxtrevor

jaxtrevor

Hi fellows…I’ve been practicing with a demo account for few months and didn’t find a solid strategy yet. Besides the candles I still can't get along with any other indicator... it's being hard for me to try to predict wich way is the market going just with the candles...any sugestion?

#25     Oct 31, 2008
  6. EURDUSD is much easier:

Let's say EURUSD = 1.3000. You want to buy EUR 1,000,000 worth of $.

You now you own 1,000,000*1.3000 = $1,300,000.

EURUSD goes to 1.4000. You decide to convert back to $.

$1,000,000*1.4000 = $1,400,000

Great trade! You made $100,000.

#26     Oct 31, 2008
  7. EURUSD
    GBPUSD
    AUDUSD
    NZDUSD all quoted the same

USDJPY
    USDCHF
    USDCAD all quoted the same

#27     Oct 31, 2008
  8. In preference to selling garbage and taking money off vulnerable and gullible people who may be in the same (or a worse) position as you are, yes absolutely the dole is a better choice if it's your only alternative, I guess that's where integrity come in, either you have it or you don't.

Anyway, there's plenty of free info about FX trading around the net on sites like babypips and trading forums like this one, there's no need to pay anyone for a basic education, and certainly not a failed trader who doesn't believe in the market itself and advises 'don't trade forex'!

Have you ever heard of something called karma?

#28     Nov 1, 2008
  9. J-Trade

J-Trade

I think you might be better off at a forex-specific forum - try Googling Forex Factory and take it from there, starting at their Rookie Discussion section. Cash forex has one huge advantage for beginning traders : the possibility to trade real money with very small size while you learn, as you appear to have already realised.

Once you have built up your trading size to positions of $25k or more, you can switch your account to IB and use IdealPro.

Good luck on your trading journey.

J.

#29     Nov 1, 2008
  10. They are not liquidity providers, as trades never get public (bucketing).

However they are a boost to our ailing financial system.

Useful fools go ahead, trade!

#30     Nov 1, 2008