Help a brother out picking a platform...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Restricted, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Agreed. State of the art.

Blows away NT, TS and everthing else I've tried.

#11     Aug 31, 2009
  2. Thought you guys were outta Texas but just noticed the 312/Chicago #?

#12     Aug 31, 2009
  3. Dan Danao

Dan Danao Velocity Futures

Hi,

i am in Houston, but we also have an office in Chicago.

#13     Sep 1, 2009
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i just wanted to say that i used tradestation since it was system writer a dos program back in the 80's and owned every software their is practically. there are features in tradestation to this day that were put there specifically for me at my recommendation.

i have been using tradevec for "9 years" now and helping direct its features and functionally etc. this program has been very instrumental to making me boat loads of money and it is a double edge sword for me to see it get out in the public.

however i will support the developers choice to make it available to others and figure i owe it to them to help with being a referral for the program. this is the most intensely thought out trading program ever. real traders built this platform with the intentions of using it to make money.

mb

#14     Sep 4, 2009
  5. You should look at OEC. They keep the positions and P&L 24x7. You still get statements but all the accounting is in the software. The software is also multi-currency if you trade DAX or anything non-US. Also, you get day trading margins (10% of the mini-indices) 24 hours a day. Hard to beat. If you are trading size their rates go as low as $0.25 per side.

#15     Sep 4, 2009
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

forget the platform, you need a good broker.

www.mfglobal.com

ny office? ask for krista - shes helpful.

different platforms available, and always the ability to call a desk if the tech goes lemon. none of this ib shit where your stuck if the tech fails at either end.

dma is great, but sometimes you need to pick up the cell... especially when the water co' digs through your line.....

#16     Sep 4, 2009