Hello!.... Hey, watch this trick!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by futurecurrents, May 20, 2002.

1. I intend to sit in a comfy chair, push some buttons, and make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year! Cool huh?!
    After three years of developing,refining and partially trading my system/method I've finally decided to quit my job and start trading full time. Gasp! I'm scared, excited and according to my friends and family, perhaps insane.
    This is my first post here at Elite Trader so I want to say Hi, and I'm happy to be in the company of such a diverse group of brotherly, intelligent and successful traders. I hope to do you all proud tradingwise and contribute what I can.
    My initial impressions of trading this last week: I feel like I've been kissed and then slapped by a beautiful tempestuous woman. I did okay but I also screwed up. My foreplay was rather clumsy and careless. My smile is crooked. But she's wetted my appetite and I've always loved the hard-to-get ones.
    Anyhow words of encouragement, guidance, wisdom or the phone number of a good psychiatrist are all welcome. :)

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
    -Ambrose Redmoon

2. Fitz

Fitz

Hello TraderRX

3. T-Bills

4. is to trust your own judgement and to enforce your stops.

Everything else will fall in place in due time.

5. Only advice I can give...

is to trust your own judgement and to enforce your stops.

Everything else will fall in place in due time.

Thank you CartelTrader. I just hope what falls is not my account value!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
    -Douglas Adams

6. Don't speak too soon, pal...:)

7. aura0663

aura0663

Tell it like it is, Brother Bung

8. ]

If you mean to say that I should not call myself successful yet, well that's not what I'm saying. I said in the company of, not that I was also successful. That would be arrogant. I know very well the difficulties of making a living trading thank-you-very-much.:)
    Which brings up a question: How is success defined in the world of trading? Personally I feel that once I've made as much money or more in one year that I did in my other career in one year I'll have been successful. I'll be more of a success if I can go additional years this way. So I suppose there are degrees of success. How is trading success defined?

"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."
    -Beverly Sills

9. aura0663

aura0663

I think that the bungrider was referring to your assumption that this diverse group was "brotherly,intelligent, and successful"

10. Miki

Miki

"I intend to sit in a comfy chair, push some buttons, and make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year!"

Hmm, two out of three – I think I made it!

:D

#10     May 21, 2002