Hello! Can some one give me some advice about day trading?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Mononoke, May 5, 2010.

1. Don't daytrade, you'll waste your time and money.
    Best advice you can get.

#11     May 7, 2010
  2. toc

toc

abstain from sex a night before the trading days...........;-)

:D :p :cool:

#12     May 7, 2010
  3. lindq

lindq

That explains my success this week.

#13     May 7, 2010
  4. Mononoke

Mononoke

I've noticed that. Thanks for the advice. right now they charge 1% of the selling price as tariff+ commission for sri lankan citizens when day trading. it is 3.5% or something like that for foreigners. Do you think 1% is too much. The good thing is they give you trading software plus a live feed that comes directly from the exchange mainframe. so there is no lag. I'm thinking of trying to make .5-1% on average. I don't think is too bad since the market is very bull and break out often sustain 15% growth with stable velocity. Once I get decent capital base I'll move on to longer term trading. I want to ride the bull market for two years or so and then consolidate. Am i expecting too much

#14     May 8, 2010
  5. Mononoke

Mononoke

3.4%

#15     May 8, 2010
  6. Mononoke

Mononoke

The growth seems stable and well as the index velocity

#16     May 8, 2010
  7. DO NOT BELIEVE IN "THE CONSENSUS". It is not tied to your success as a trader.

#17     May 8, 2010
  8. Mononoke

Mononoke

That is completely true, that's why i want to design a proper system that allows me to trade. regardless of the situation. :)

#18     May 8, 2010
  9. markets always price the future in. if everyone is expecting the market to go up for a year it would already be priced in.

either way, whether the market is going to go up or crash (much more likely) it should have no bearing on your decision or ability to trade. traders make money in all market conditions. up or down is irrelevant; volume and volatility is what you want.

#19     May 9, 2010
  10. AK100

AK100

Being cruel to be kind here so don't take it personally.

If you think you can make money day trading paying 1% in comms then you have NO clue about trading, and I mean NO clue.

Like I said before, naive people think it's all about buying/selling at the right price and never contemplate the cost of doing business.

To sum up - you have more chance climbing to the top of Everest in 1 hour that you do in making money by day trading at 1% - regardless of how much the markets move intraday.

#20     May 10, 2010