Heikin Ashi

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by traderix, May 19, 2004.

1. traderix

traderix

Hi Traders,

is there anybody who is using the HEIKIN ASHI modified candlesticks?
    I try to adapt some indicator and develop a strategy based on the Heikin Ashi....The noise is filtered and I think it could be a better candlesticks formation for analysing and trading.

Thx for sharing your experiences.

Traderix

2. Traderix,

Can you post two charts of the same thing...

One with normal candlesticks and the other via a Heikin Ashi chart.

If you don't know how to put two images into one...just go ahead and make two message posts because ET only allows one attachment.

Thanks.

NihabaAshi

3. i've read about it on S&C. and had the H&A on my screen while analyizing stock. it helps if stock gaps up/down alot(ex: EWJ), but it doesnt really tell you much.

end result: tossed it in trash.

4. heiken ashi really is much like a Ma wherein it smooths out jagged ohlc bars. Don't see much use for them mainly fillers on stock magazines.

5. maxpi

maxpi

I went as far as outputting data from charts to Excel and converting to Heiken Ashi bars in ASCII format. I looked at a few charts and couldn't see the use right away so I shelved the idea, might get back to it some day.

Max

6. Andriy

Andriy

Nihaba - Attached is a picture of the Heikin Ashi Bar.

7. Andriy

Andriy

Nihaba - And here is the normal candlestick.

8. Hi Andriy,

Thanks for the images to show the differences.

NihabaAshi

9. Very interesting. Would you possibly be able to post another example featuring the two styles, but with a different days data?

Also, what software are you using with this candle style?

Thanks,

Lizard

10. Andriy

Andriy

Lizard - This is yesterday's chart for the YM . The platform is Tradestation 8.

#10     May 19, 2004