Height of Hypocrisy: Sarah Palin Defends Limbaugh’s Use Of "Retard"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Rush makes jokes about women, gays, blacks, or any of the groups his audience dislikes...

Rush doesn't make jokes about people who got out of the army because of anal warts (and that is truly funny), doctor shopping to buy Oxycotin, fat people, people who have 3 failed marriages, people who get fired from ESPN for racists comments, people who have panic attacks in Hawaii, etc.

The great comedians nearly always poke fun at themselves...Rush never actually does that, because if his sanctimonious act were ever punctured his audience wouldn't buy his product any more.

The day Rush came back from rehab for addiction to Oxy, he spoke about recovery and self reflection, working on your own inventory of flaws...it made for a horrible show from the audience's perspective. I imagine many of them said to themselves, "If I want to hear that recovery psycho babble I will tune into Dr. Laura or watch Dr. Phil. I want someone to feed my hate!!!"

So the very next day he was back to flame throwing...

Rush is like the aging rock stars who play the same old songs, unable to capture an audience with anything fresh, and terrified if they even try they will get booed...

#21     Feb 9, 2010
  2. That is a very perceptive post.

#22     Feb 9, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#23     Feb 10, 2010