Hedgies Gunning Shorts!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Aug 12, 2005.

1. be faster: gun the guns. :D

#11     Aug 12, 2005
  2. Pabst

Pabst

Hey TF!! Stocks saw weakness earlier in the week during that same 3:00-3:30 EST, time period. Of course the selling last Friday-this Wednesday was negated by late day ramps in futures after the NYSE close. Y-day and today the pattern reversed.

#12     Aug 12, 2005
  3. For the last 20 years, any market decline that lasts for the better part of the entire day, usually sees a short-covering and bargain-hunting rally that starts at 2:30PM Eastern Time.

Any student of the market for the past couple of decades will have noticed this.
    Nothing new, nothing bizarre, no conspiracies, just the way the market acts during a bearish short-term trend.

#13     Aug 12, 2005
  4. nitro

nitro

Jim,

Can you point me to the a link on that? I totally missed it!

nitro

#14     Aug 12, 2005
  5. I donno... did anyone notice a minor fall in the USD just before 3pm est, both Thursday and today.

As the dollar started to drop, stocks started to rise.

#15     Aug 12, 2005
  6. That's an over generalization. It depends on the market you are in. Wasn't too prevalent during 3/05-5/05 for example.

#16     Aug 12, 2005

7. no---------the equities buy program patterns over the last couple of months are different then before. there is some different patterns in the index futures buying also {big sp futs}. the liquidity pumps are more concentrated and precise in nature then even during the november/december 2004 run. this is much different and even more identifiable then before------------resulting in entry signals that have exceptional follow through.

#17     Aug 13, 2005
  8. BooYa Jim... love the show... :eek:

:D

#18     Aug 13, 2005
  9. Same BS everyday.

#19     Aug 13, 2005