Hedge Funds

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by FXsKaLpEr, Oct 13, 2005.

1. what you posted is not even from a trading real account.

anybody can plug some numbers into an excel spreadsheet. means nothing.

my Transaction History is right from my account today.

I include the trading platform.

you have sht, punk.

#41     Oct 14, 2005
  2. marky1

marky1

so now you're saying I've made it up hahahahaha - you're a fucking idiot - only a cheat could think of something like that. You want me to print out 1000 days of trading sheets and send them to you - would that prove it. Idiot. You are making such a big deal of this that it clearly illustrates to me now how unsuccesful you are. (Oh and what you are really saying is that in the 5 mins it took to post what you asked for, I plugged in 2 years of daily P&L's into excel - like I have time for that.)

Listen I've got some proper LIVE trading to get back to, this conversation is over - I'll leave you to get back to your demo account and your illusions that it will all be the same when you trade live)

#42     Oct 14, 2005
  3. sure, sure.

and anyone can say that they have $40,000,000,000,000 in a live trading account too.

means nothing.

I prove my results.

you probably have never even traded forex.

anyway, Baron doesn't like flame wars so I am not replying to any more of your moronic, worthless posts.

theskalper

#43     Oct 14, 2005
  4. World's hedge funds face crisis as Refco suspends trading

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,16518,1592055,00.html

· Leading global broker admits 'liquidity problem'
    · Billions of pounds could be tied up in frozen deals

Jill Treanor
    Friday October 14, 2005
    The Guardian

A crisis in the world's hedge fund industry was in prospect last night after one of the world's largest derivatives brokers was forced to freeze trades potentially worth billions of pounds.

The move by Refco, which acts for many leading speculative investors both on Wall Street and in the City, followed the discovery of accounts irregularities at the firm earlier this week and the issue of fraud charges against its former chief executive Phillip Bennett.

Article continues...

Is this gonna fk up my British pound trade??

hey, are we looking at the next Long Term Capital Management?? :D

#44     Oct 14, 2005
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Sam I like you, but until you do it with real money it doesnt really count. I paper traded $20,000 into $1.7million in 9 months. Could I do it in real life? Not likely.

Brandon

#45     Oct 14, 2005
  6. Brandon, I'm not trying to boast here, he is the one who demanded I show some results. He called me "nuts."

The point being, I'd like to see him... I'd like to see anyone here who disses me... I'd like to see anyone in the world open a forex account demo OR live, trade it for 5-mos, and produce a net 29% like I did.

simple.

no one else in the industry can do it.

live or demo.

that's my point.

not any of the hedge fund managers.

not any of the mutual fund managers.

no stock traders.

no futures traders.

no options or bonds traders.

there may be some private traders who can do it.

I'm not saying I am the only one in the world.

but when it comes to currency trading, I dispute the typical pay structure payed to the common hedge fund manager/trader.

that got his nose out of joint, he started calling me names and cussing me out like a jackass. He got in my face and I had to smack the punk around a little.

as far as I am concerned, the issue is closed.

Sam

#46     Oct 14, 2005
  7. marky1

marky1

The point people are trying to make is that the difference between demo and live is huge. You obviously don't take that into account but the point is until you trade for real your returns on paper are irrelvant. Your results mean nothing to me because they are not real, and they mean nothing to any serious investor. Tell me something, and not looking for an argument here but I really want to understand what is going on in your head. If you are a great trader you obviously have made some cash. Take say $2,000,000 of your money and trade it for a year in fx. If you still are making 40 or 50% then do it another year but put in another $2,000,000 so you have now say a $5,000,000 pot. Do the same again and then you start your fund because you have proven, real, live trading results. By put up or shut up this is what I mean (it's a british saying by the way after an X PM) I don't mean your imaginary trading, I mean do it with real cash. Then come back to me and I will eat humble pie. At the moment you are living in a fantasy trading world.

#47     Oct 14, 2005
  8. Now I know you've totally lost it. Calling yourself the best trader in the world and not even trading real money??? Come on man, this is just ridiculous!!!

- The New Guy

Edit: But hey, if you can do it, why not open a journal here and prove us all wrong?

#48     Oct 14, 2005
  9. and my point to you is a demo is the same as real.

If you doubt that, download an Oanda demo (who I know quotes real-time market prices) who gives you 20:1 margin and use your system on it.

If your system is any good, it will work on an Oanda forex demo.

If it is not, your account will be destroyed.

I worked my @$$ off for 5-months trading that demo account using my systems that I developed over 1000s of hours live currency trading both in my live and demo accounts, and you say to discredit it 100%?

You're insane!

Now, on the rest of your points about having a functioning hedge fund already working with my own money ($1m to $5m) in it, trading it for a number of years or even a year, yes, those are the numbers investors are concerned about - that I agree with.

you asked for proof, and I didn't have a HF to show you (it's illegal to post results from a HF publically anyway). and I am not gonna post anything from my live private account for a message board troll - so I posted the next best thing - real (not imaginary) returns from a forex trading account - net 29% in 5-mos.

Those numbers CRUSH any and all common market benchmarks.

I have already said I can do it with a live account with real money since the systems being traded in that model are not emotion-based.

otherwise, the discussion is ended, as you've already proved what a jerk you are to everyone on this forum and I have no desire to disrupt ET anymore by replying to your asinine posts.

Baron, please take note of this.

Saham

#49     Oct 14, 2005
  10. GUYS YOU MAKE ME LAUGH,
    today only....i am at 35% + on my LIVE ACCOUNT from yesterday's 11pm cet close
    and in anticipation of a certain Yvan comments..yes buddy i am succesfull.....overall 600% YTD!
    ZC
    :D

#50     Oct 14, 2005