Hedge Funds

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by FXsKaLpEr, Oct 13, 2005.

1. looks like Refco runs a big hedge fund too.

is this the next hedge fund to blow up?

http://rai.refco.com

wait till the SEC sinks their teeth in Refco's hedge fund.

the blood's gonna flow

:D

#31     Oct 14, 2005
  2. Why are we even talking about <i>public</i> hedge fund managers? It's a virtually nonexistent category with good reason. A hedge fund management company is a lucrative business with almost zero capital requirements. What incentive would such a business have to trade ownership for capital?

There's an important distinction between the fund itself and the fund management company. A hedge fund obviously needs to raise capital in order to get economies of scale. But the hedge fund manager... what use do they have for capital?

Talking about P/E ratios of public hedge fund managers... what a ridiculous article.

Martin

#32     Oct 14, 2005
  3. OK, creepo.

this is one of my systems.

I always run my models on a live demo account before I bring them to the live market.

If results cannot be obtained on a demo account they cannot be obtained on a live account, and if they can be obtained on a live account they can be obtained on a demo.

and visa-versa.

this is my results for the last 5-months - Balance went from $100K to $129K.

that's 29% in the first 5 months. This model will be traded for another 19-months.

now compare my performance to the common market benchmarks including the DOW, S&P and Van's hedge fund index during the same time frame.

time for you to put up or shut up.

fx

#33     Oct 14, 2005
  4. here is the excel spread sheet that accounts for the trades - I removed certain items for privacy.

• 29p.xls
      File size:
      64.5 KB
      Views:
    #34     Oct 14, 2005
  5. marky1

marky1

What so you're showing me results for a demo system you don't even trade live - wow i'm impressed hahah you're a joke!

#35     Oct 14, 2005
  6. If getting results on a demo is such a joke, let's see YOU do it.

The reality is, you can't.

But why don't you at least try?

Another fact is, if you cannot produce results on a demo you cannot produce them on a live account.

That forex demo account quotes LIVE prices real time only, identical to a live account. It is not lagged like equity demos.

I am not posting my live account - not for message board strays like yourself.

But, go ahead, open a forex account, demo OR live, and trade it for 5 months.

Then post your results.

I'm a lot better trader than you'll ever live to be.

fx

#36     Oct 14, 2005
  7. marky1

marky1

ok, here's 2002/2003 for me. I don't want to get into a P&L competition but it's important for you to know to know I ain't some shmuck. And this is my trading from 2 years ago, so all I will say is my size is bigger now. On a personal note I find you odd, I find your views odd, you come out with your live demo as proof of your trading. Demo trading is a piece of cake mate - the hard part of trading is the psychological aspect and on demo trading that doesn't interfere. So may I suggest that going from making $29,000 in 5 months to running a $100m + fund is very different, maybe you will get there, maybe you won't but on your terms with your opinions of the rich dumbasses as you call them you have 0 chance. I certainly wouldn't put any of my hard earned cash with you because you're a twat.

#37     Oct 14, 2005
  8. that's bullsht.

my account is updated to the minute - today. that is when that snapshot was taken.

secondly, where is your trading platform snapshot showing your Unrealized P/L, your current Balance and your Margin Used.

I posted mine.

you ain't got it. or else you do and you cannot show it because you're a loser skank.

you are "some shmuck."

fx

#38     Oct 14, 2005
  9. "Demo trading is a piece of cake mate - the hard part of trading is the psychological aspect and on demo trading that doesn't interfere."

Wrong, "mate."

maybe for YOU they are different, but my systems are not effected by emotions.

emotional trading is for rookies like you.

my systems are scalable to $100b - they have nothing to do with emotions.

what I do with a dollar, I can do with a trillion dollars.

as far you investing in MY funds - ha! I'd personally bar you myself.

If you think trading demos is such a "piece of cake" then, again, I challenge you to trade a live forex demo acct where prices are quoted real-time and current, and produce returns even CLOSE to mine in 5-months.

well, punk, I'm waiting.

fx

#39     Oct 14, 2005
  10. marky1

marky1

My unrealised P&L today is irrelevant, as is my margin, that's my business. Stick to your demo, take your paper $29,000 and go buy some high heels bitch. I've just shown you my P&L for 2002/2003 of $1.7m dollars and you still come back with your crap. For your info 2004 and 2005 is about $3m but I honestly can't be arsed to paste it up because you'll still come back shouting about your imaginary paper trading and how shit I am. I could make $20m and you'd still think you're the man

#40     Oct 14, 2005