hedge funds

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by quickTRADER, Feb 18, 2003.

1. http://www.magazine-ads.com/index.html

If they don't have it in stock they will try to get it.

#21     Feb 19, 2003

2. thanks for the offer, tm. however, i have "house" counsel. my wife is an ex securites attorney.

take care,

surf:) :) :) :D

#22     Feb 19, 2003
  3. ....in that case, can i PM you and , of course, get the old marketsurfer discount????:D ...these guys and gals ain't cheap!

#23     Feb 19, 2003
  4. of course !

best,

surfer:cool:

#24     Feb 19, 2003
  5. #25     Feb 19, 2003
  6. #26     Feb 19, 2003
  7. sammybea

sammybea

#27     Feb 19, 2003
  8. Bank of America and ABN Amro Prime Brokerage are constantly holding free conferences on how to start a hedge fund. Generally, they will feature a few accountants, a few attorneys, and then they give you their prime brokerage bit (about how you can pay 5 cents a share comission...but look! They have a cool website to report your trades, and...you got it...you can have access to their research and SELL SIDE analysts!).

Anyhow, go to one of these if you run across it. Sometimes they advertise in Barron's. It's free, and you can get a handle on some of the potential issues of fund formation.

In fact, when I formed a fund...I found just going and talking to these attorneys was an education. They won't charge you until you retain them. If you can get a meeting with them, they'll tell you everything you need to do, and how much it will cost you. Then, you might be able to find someone to do it for less elsewhere!

BofA prime brokerage:
    www.primebroker.com

ABN Amro
    www.abnamroprime.com

Also try Bear:
    http://www.globalclearing.com/

#28     Feb 19, 2003
  9. Yeah, BofA will clear you no matter how little you have. Commish baby and you can't DVP unless you're over a few mill.

#29     Feb 19, 2003

10. thanks for the info. knowledge gained from these conferences is excellent, however unless your fund is 20m plus you will not be afforded very much respect or service. the fund i trade with started out with ING BARRINGS and it was brutal--they were constantly calling/ requesting for us to increase capital, etc and the commissions--- GEEZ ! we then switched to the institutional arm of a direct access/ retail broker and have been treated like gold, even though the fund is under 10m.

best wishes to you,

surfer:)

#30     Feb 19, 2003