Hedge Funds tactics book by Richard Bookstaber

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RedDuke, May 24, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Did anyone read it? What are your thoughts?

A Demon of Our Own Design: Markets, Hedge Funds, and the Perils of Financial Innovation by Richard Bookstaber

2. piezoe

piezoe

Yes, I read it. In my opinion this is the single most important book on markets and financial institutions i have read. It will likely remain so for at least a number of years going forward, and may become one of the classic studies of markets and the institutions that trade them..

I believe Richard Bookstaber's book "A Demon of our own Design == Markets, Hedge Funds, and the Perils of Financial Innovation" should be read and studied by all traders, investors, bankers, professors of finance or economics, and students of finance or economics, and anyone else with more than a passing interest in trading and markets, and especially all CEO's and CFO's, all members of the US House and Senate, the US Departments of Treasury and Commerce, The US President, any employee or principal of an investment bank or brokerage and anyone in government that has anything to do with regulation of financial institutions.

This book astounds me. It is clear, earnest and insightful. There is something worthwhile to be learned on almost every page, and those few pages that do not contain a valuable lesson or insight entertain us.

What a masterpiece this is! If you have not yet read it, please do yourself a favor and read it as soon as possible. You won't regret it.

3. Mvic

Mvic

Agree completely, I read it soon after it came out in April and was ready and waiting for the August events because of it. A very good analysis of the current market environment and its potential pitfalls. Another book that I recommend reareading is Sperandeo's second Trader Vic book, specifically the section on the Fed. This helped me keep a lot of the profits I made on the down leg.

4. TraderVic is one of my trading heros. But come on guys, stop pumping this Hedge book. This is Timmay country and it is his book that we should be buying and promoting. If not for the content, I'm sure it would make some decent asswipe.

Rennick out:D