Hedge funds' "star traders" to be booted out of limelight in favour of AI

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by trader99, Apr 18, 2018.

1. trader99

trader99

CSEtrader likes this.
  2. TDMA

TDMA

3. henry76

henry76

Wouldn't count on it , been many years since people could beat computers at chess , the same could now be said to becoming so of poker. Not saying your wrong , but your certainty is.

4. truetype

truetype

5. TDMA

TDMA

Oh dear, margin of error rule, in chess there are very few, poker a few more, and the markets many. If you can find a trade within, the admittedly very small, margin of error you win, humans are much better at that than computers although will also admit most people have the intelligence of an amoeba, you would hope "star" traders are not in that category.

CSEtrader likes this.
  6. henry76

henry76

I didn't say you were wrong ,(though in chess there isn't one person who can consistently beat computers) though in my opinion as the article implies the proportions of successful traders will probably swing in favor of computers as time goes on , I hope it isn't true ,but I don't let that hope influence my judgement.

7. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

In trading your not trading against one person. So to have a Computer based AI do better than a human, i guess I could start out by saying there programmed by humans. That in itself must remind you that they are not fool proof. But If the AI actually does better than the human, than ok so what? Its still game on. Markets shop and markets trend. Traders continue doing what they do.