Hedge Funds Q1 2019 YTD best aggregate returns since start of 2012

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Again, Sweet Bobby continues to outperform the industry. I’m just an outlier I suppose.

#11     Apr 11, 2019
  2. sle

sle

Considering that family offices continue to do so or are setting up their own internal groups, there is something to it, though. It's the fee structure that needs to change somehow (0 + 30 maybe).

#12     Apr 11, 2019
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Smarter IQ? Or smarter we can pay people to get us in? IQ and rich I don’t know about that. Better education yes, better prepared yes but smarter I don’t see it. I’ve dealt with some dumb rich mo fos. I need to read the study though.

#13     Apr 11, 2019
  4. sle

sle

IQ too, since it's not a pure measure of genetic ability by any means. It starts before birth, people who are not poor get better prenatal care and their mothers don't drink or smoke while pregnant. They get "educational daycare" with various tutors and stuff. You can extrapolate from there.

#14     Apr 11, 2019
  5. dozu888

dozu888

the correlation is probably only mildly strong, if we are talking standard IQ test... as it does correlates to education and hence career earning.

and of course getting rich can require many qualities that are not on the standard IQ test... steadfastness, resilience, social ability etc... and these qualities may or may not help in choosing sound investments.

#15     Apr 11, 2019
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Although my mom didn’t drink or smoke we were poor, I guess I see what you mean. Lol.

#16     Apr 11, 2019
  7. sle

sle

It's pretty fucked up but that's the way of the world. I am not rich (or at least I don't think of myself this way), but even my modest level of success would be much harder to achieve if I was born in a ghetto or in a village in Nepal.

#17     Apr 11, 2019
  8. ironchef

ironchef

John Kenneth Galbraith, in his book A Short History Of Financial Euphoria, famously quoted: Two factors contributed to Financial Euphoria (bubbles): 1. The extreme brevity of financial memory. 2. The specious association of money and intelligence.

#18     Apr 11, 2019
  9. ironchef

ironchef

You are smart, so you must be rich.

Or is it you are rich so you must be smart?

#19     Apr 11, 2019
  10. dozu888

dozu888

as I said the correlation is only mild.... I have seen plenty of smart people who ended up on the streets... this country is still the land of opportunity and really success only depends on how bad you want it.

#20     Apr 12, 2019