hedge funds comments

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by caspian, Nov 6, 2002.

1. caspian

Greetings! just wanted to get some comments on a few alternative investment groups/ funds that are being marketed to me your comments on them will be much appreciated.

1) Market Wizards - Jack Swagger/ global fund analysis advisors

2) Man Investment products - Man Group plc. particularly the AHL and Multi- Strategy Guaranteed funds

3) Aspect Capital - Multi-aspect fund

4) Noble Investments

2. trdrmac

This link was posted by Bob777 on another thread, it is well worth the time it takes to read.

This last weekends Barrons had a list of Hedge Funds and their 1 and 3 year returns. It does not take much in depth research to see that over three years the returns are nothing to brag about.

If I were going to let someone else actively manage my money I would limit it to 5% of my investable capital. You just never know when your money may end up on some girls arm or in Haiti.

Best of Luck
  3. caspian

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond i definitely will consider what you said. ciao!
  4. trdrmac

I also checked the Barrons for the funds you mentioned, I could not find any of them in the listing. Not that that is good or bad as I think this is a self-reporting group as opposed to SEC regulated open and closed end funds.

Good Luck
  5. caspian

Hmmm thats interesting i was under the impression that Man investment products would have a fund listed there since they are the largest hedgefund group in the world ($21B under management) oh well i know these products are not regulated just surprised that Man would not have a fund in there. Thanks once again.:)
  6. trdrmac

Under the section Fund of Funds there is a

Man-Glenwood Multi Strategy Fund

3Q Return was (-3.46%)
    1 Yr Return was (-1.93%)
    3 Yr Return was (24.93%)

Under Commodity Funds

Man-Vector Ltd. (Edge)

3Q was (9.7%)
    1 Yr was (-7.74%)
    3Yr was (-12.27%)

Sorry, I did not look in these sections on my first pass.
  7. caspian

Man oh Man what returns anyway i think those 2 are there worst performing funds . Thanks again you were a big help!:)