hedge funds comments

Discussion in 'Politics' started by caspian, Nov 6, 2002.

1. caspian

caspian

Greetings! just wanted to get some comments on a few alternative investment groups/ funds that are being marketed to me your comments on them will be much appreciated.

1) Market Wizards - Jack Swagger/ global fund analysis advisors

2) Man Investment products - Man Group plc. particularly the AHL and Multi- Strategy Guaranteed funds

3) Aspect Capital - Multi-aspect fund

4) Noble Investments

:)

2. trdrmac

trdrmac

Caspain,

This link was posted by Bob777 on another thread, it is well worth the time it takes to read.

http://www.phillymag.com/Archives/2001June/prodigy.html

This last weekends Barrons had a list of Hedge Funds and their 1 and 3 year returns. It does not take much in depth research to see that over three years the returns are nothing to brag about.

If I were going to let someone else actively manage my money I would limit it to 5% of my investable capital. You just never know when your money may end up on some girls arm or in Haiti.

Best of Luck

3. caspian

caspian

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond i definitely will consider what you said. ciao!

4. trdrmac

trdrmac

Sure,

I also checked the Barrons for the funds you mentioned, I could not find any of them in the listing. Not that that is good or bad as I think this is a self-reporting group as opposed to SEC regulated open and closed end funds.

Good Luck

5. caspian

caspian

Hmmm thats interesting i was under the impression that Man investment products would have a fund listed there since they are the largest hedgefund group in the world ($21B under management) oh well i know these products are not regulated just surprised that Man would not have a fund in there. Thanks once again.:)

6. trdrmac

trdrmac

Under the section Fund of Funds there is a

Man-Glenwood Multi Strategy Fund

3Q Return was (-3.46%)
    1 Yr Return was (-1.93%)
    3 Yr Return was (24.93%)

Under Commodity Funds

Man-Vector Ltd. (Edge)

3Q was (9.7%)
    1 Yr was (-7.74%)
    3Yr was (-12.27%)

Sorry, I did not look in these sections on my first pass.

7. caspian

caspian

Man oh Man what returns anyway i think those 2 are there worst performing funds . Thanks again you were a big help!:)