hedge fund wannabees

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by marketsurfer, Apr 8, 2003.

1. ktm

ktm

Yeah. That's called "outstanding relative performance".

Relatively, you didn't lose as much of your ass as everyone else.

#11     Apr 9, 2003
  2. I am a member too. (what's your nick). I saw those posts before. I think VIC pulled them b/c they were embarassed to have aided thow who were trying to pump stocks. You may be right, but I remember Doug Kass saying something to the effect that people were knocking on VIC when they shouldn't have b/c they were different Gothams. Can anyone else clarify?

#12     Apr 9, 2003
  3. ktm

ktm

William Ackman used to post under bill204 (I think). Now that I look back at some of my notes, you might be right. Ackman was most certainly bill204 and I think most of the pulled posts were from him. I think his firm was "Gotham Partners Management Co" and a guy named Berkowitz? was his partner. I thought Joel's firm is called "Gotham Capital Partners".

That's part of the problem when these guys get bigger - spinoff names that are too common and cause confusion amongst the little people. I thought I knew...maybe I don't.

#13     Apr 9, 2003
  4. vic ? please advise.

thanks,

surfer:)

#14     Apr 9, 2003
  5. #15     Apr 9, 2003
  6. thank you !!!!!

best,

surfer:)

#16     Apr 9, 2003
  7. Thanks
    :D

#17     Apr 9, 2003
  8. Apparently VIC membership has a screening processes to weed out idiots and wannabees.

#18     Apr 9, 2003
  9. Yeah

Took me like 6 months to get in. My pick (DDN) got turned down when it was first submitted at about 2.6. Took the stock doubling before they'd let me redo it and admit me.

I am very greatful that they let me in however. It is an amazing site.

I know that there are not many slots left. I recommend submitting an idea before they fill the last few slots.

#19     Apr 9, 2003
  10. Missed article.
    Anyone have a copy?

#20     Apr 12, 2003