Hedge Fund TV Show

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by alphastocks, Oct 20, 2006.

1. pv150

pv150

Sure.. can tell which stock and which day just by the price. 399.95?

It's like every daytrader and his brother wants to start a hedge fund.. but who would trust their money with that kid (beside his jewish mom):confused:

#41     Oct 31, 2006
  2. i'm guessing he lost most of what he made in 99 since he was only playing with 2k shares of FORD

#42     Oct 31, 2006
  3. Tim Sykes is that 25yr old guy that trades from his apartment in his "good luck robe."

He's actually profiled in Trader Monthly in that "Traders under 30" issue.

He was one of the lucky few that cashed out in 99-00 with like 1.65mil pretax. A lot of the public were in a position to do the same thing, they just didnt get out while the going was good.

My take is he's simply trading and living easy off his winnings in his NY apartment. Only time will tell if he's really any good. He never says if his account grew or shrank during 2001-03.

#43     Nov 1, 2006
  4. i'm assuming down since it showed his bp was only 300kish

#44     Nov 1, 2006
  5. Actually he did not come from wealth. What he has earned and lost has all been his own.

Actually he did not, but nice guess.

Ah yes, wrong again. He is very dedicated to this business. He may be able to live easy but he works very hard at this.

Now to my main point. None of you guys know anything about the guy. I love seeing people who know nothing try to look like they know everything.

I've got a crazy idea. If you don't know what you are talking about... SHUT THE FUCK UP! Oh shit that's crazy! I've never heard of such a thing!

I'll ask him how he did 01-03 and report back. He has a short bias so I think he did ok for himself. I know 04 was >20% and 05 was around 25%. This year has been a little harder than his others down 13% or so.

But seriously people why sit here and make the above comments if you have no clue?

#45     Nov 1, 2006
  6. Longview, calm down man.

All that's been said of Mr. Sykes is based on what's been published in the magazine and from this new TV show. It's not like we just made things up, at least not me.

As for my view of him "living easy," well that was just from seeing him on the show. I got nuthin against that.. hell, i'd be doing the same thing if I had his bankroll.

#46     Nov 1, 2006
  7. true i don't know him but i know what i saw on that show, he was playing only 2k shares of FORD, it was nice call by him tho

#47     Nov 1, 2006
  8. jtnet

jtnet

can one of you guys rip the show and torrent a low quality ofit or host it?

#48     Nov 1, 2006
  9. i wouldn't be suprised if it goes on dvd (since almost any tv show is on dvd now) after all the episodes are done

#49     Nov 1, 2006
  10. Ok here are the results you guys wanted.

2001 = 35.08%
    2002 = 86.89%
    2003 = 6%

And that was with a fee structure of 2 & 30.

So in answer to your response about how he doesn't mention his returns from 01-03. There you have it! That is hardly losing everything he made in '99.

One thing you MUST understand is that the show is for entertainment purposes only. Don't believe anything you see on there. Do you really think someone who relies on a lucky bathrobe would still be around. Most likely not.

ENTERTAINMENT folks, it is purely ENTERTAINMENT!

From this point forward I would hope that some people quite with the assumptions and at least attempt to find facts before opening their mouths.

#50     Nov 1, 2006