Hedge Fund/Trader Documentaries

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Iggy_Type_R, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Watched the Paul Tudor Jones video and really enjoyed it. What chaos (in comparison!)

I also recently watched "Million Dollar Traders" which got really good in ep 2 and 3 of season 1, but cannot find any more episodes.

Also watched the 6 part series called "Wall Street Warriors", which was entertaining but not really for traders. TOo much BS.

Anyone know of documentaries about the great hedge fund managers?

Esp more recent Quantitative managers?

Thank you in advance :)

2. I have been looking for the TV documentary "Traders", I believed it aired on PBS afew years ago. There was also another similar documentary aired back 01-02 also on PBS I think and which recounted the LTCM collapse and featured futures traders and the Nobel Prize winners that worked on LTCM.

Watching PTJ video made me think it was used as inspiration for Wall Street and A perfect Murder with Michael Douglas, Michael shouts in his speakers just like PTJ. I think that's one of the reasons they don'twant the vid out, makes him look like a cowboy trading off the seats of his pants . Also when he says market will pay 100% interest on his losses, that must scare clients.

3. the PBS LTCM documantary is called "Trillion Dollar Bet". It is on Youtube

4. This is really the most up to date expose film on top hedgees and traders. The other material is all seriously dated:

5. Gee, you mean the one that's available for sale and must be paid for? That documentary? The one to which you attached 7 links in a single post? Is this another instance of your "professional courtesy?"

6. indexer

indexer

He must have made a lot of money copying and selling that video, the way he keeps stoking this topic. Maybe to the Chinese. :D

7. PBS special/documentary called "Open Outcry" is pretty good.

8. Kovacs

Kovacs

9. Thanks guys!

By the way, "The Smartest Guys In The Room" is also one I'd like to add as a great documentary - slightly off topic, but has highlights brilliance (gone wrong!!!) and market (greed) economics.

10. I agree that Wall Street Warriors doesn't focus entirely on the work of daytraders. Will check out Million Dollar Traders.

#10     Aug 1, 2009