Hedge Fund Seeks Recent College Grad to be Top-Notch Admin Assistant (Midtown)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by knocks420, Jun 17, 2009.

1. What la la land is this from? I can't speak about the sell-side but the buy-side hedge funds aren't hiring people to pick their nose.

#11     Jun 17, 2009
  2. This thread is a target-rich environment. I don't know where to start, so I will be content to watch.

#12     Jun 17, 2009
  3. If that's the case I will start to choke myself. By depriving my brain of oxygen (cerebral anoxia) I can kill brain cells and prevent myself from making a BIG MISTAKE.

But I can't choke too much cause then I'd be dead, and being dead is stupid.

#13     Jun 17, 2009
  4. Sushi

Sushi

They pay you to trade a 350k account? No wonder Obama seeks reform

#14     Jun 17, 2009

5. 1. Exactly. That's why the guy who pays your wages is called "boss". (If you want your opinion to be weighed, perhaps start your own thing. That way YOU can be called "boss", and your opinion will always count.)

2. In case you didn't know, that's how the military works.... and is why ex-military are often considered favorably for positions.

#15     Jun 17, 2009
  6. Did it say anything about voluntary consumption of female hormones? :cool:

#16     Jun 18, 2009
  7. man, if it was not for the infrequent posts such as this I would not even shxx here. Made my day, thanks ;-)

#17     Jun 18, 2009
  8. this is the biggest bs I read in some time. The ONLY way to learn the ropes in trading is to sit next to some top guys on the trading desk, nothing else. What you then do there can be anything (including menial tasks) but you are able to watch and breathe what they are doing and how they are doing it. To sign up as an admin slave or in the back office gets you nowhere. I have seen in over 5 years 1 or 2 guys who made it from back->front and actually showed the stamina to pick up things on their own. Came close to the probabilities of a lottery ticket, ok not quite but...why would a firm pick up anyone but someone who can start right off at the trading desk (possiby alreay with trading experience), especially in this market environment. Fired traders are currently lining up just to hand in their resumes. Admin is admin will always be admin.

#18     Jun 18, 2009
  9. also not true. The majority of funds under management at hfs to this day are NOT managed through algos or black boxes. The growth rates are there but considering which base algos started off from...

#19     Jun 18, 2009
  10. poyayan

poyayan

Craiglist? Can't even hire a proper recruiter?

#20     Jun 18, 2009