Hedge-fund prodigy takes a $300 million hit

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by RedDuke, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ironically, some of those famous "Market Wizards" were on the favorable side of the coin flip at some time during their formative years...It was a familiar theme; big bets that went their way and set them up with a sizable capital base...

#101     Nov 12, 2015
  2. It's incredible that these monkey-managers ("money managers) get paid so much and are so abysmal at what they do.

--
    Chopra’s Tiger Ratan Capital Fund LP fell about 33% over the past three months, wiping out her gains for 2015 and eating into more than half of last year’s profits, according to investor documents and people familiar with the matter.
    Tiger Ratan’s main fund is now down about 12% through the end of October, the people said, compared with a 1% loss for the average stock-picking hedge fund tracked by HFR Inc. The S&P 500 is up 2% this year, including dividends. Tiger Ratan has given back more than half of last year’s 22.6% gain."
    ----
    They should learn should charting

vrb.png

Video comments on chart:
    http://screencast.com/t/QdKbdihU3Xtr

#102     Nov 14, 2015
  3. Chubbly

Chubbly

So I should assume you saw this chart pattern and made millions shorting right?

Charts are pretty easy to read after the fact. If you truly believe in your skills tell me where the SPX is going to be in 4 weeks.. just look at the chart and tell me if it is so easy

#103     Nov 15, 2015
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Well this white, American male acknowledges the fact that far too many other white American males have blown up running hedge funds who shouldn't have been given a $2000 Schwab account. Incompetence abounds no matter ethnicity.

#104     Nov 19, 2015
  5. Guile

Guile

I was commenting on her gender not her race. What's the point of your white knighting anyway?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    #105     Nov 19, 2015
  6. Chubbly

Chubbly

#106     Nov 19, 2015
  7. Guile

Guile

#107     Nov 19, 2015
    promagma likes this.
  8. Guile

Guile