Hedge fund manager invests 90% of wealth in cryptocurrencies

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by lovethetrade, Feb 21, 2018.

1. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

2. maxinger

maxinger

This reminded me of how I traded years ago.
    I used to be over confident about trading a particular stock.
    Then I entered position with very big bet, very huge quantity & very wide stop loss.
    And I thought that was once in a life time , money-drop-from-the-sky golden opportunity.

Such mentality can happen to anyone including Tom Dick Harry, workers, professionals, experts, fund managers ... as long as they are living things.

Those were the days ....

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    MattZ likes this.
  3. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Or maybe he's a pro that understands this asset class very well and the true risk of investing long-term in this market.

4. It's a DIGITAL ASSET fund, of course majority holdings is going to be in cryptos. It's just doing exactly what it advertised - providing exposure to cryptos. It would only be significant if a traditional hedge fund did that.

Pekelo likes this.
  5. He saw an opportunity and opened a “crypto” fund. One of the first ones.
    Now he bills himself as a crypto genius, like that snake oil scumbag Altucher.

Fleece the lemmings as long as you can.
    The Wall st way.

6. schweiz

schweiz

The way he argues is really funny. He said in the article:
    "But in the new year, bitcoin has been under pressure due to regulatory concerns, hitting a near-term low of under $6,000 last Tuesday. Since then, bitcoin has rebounded more than 40 percent."

In reality from the top it lost 69.5% (from 19,000 to 6,000). From that bottom it went up 40%. So he is insinuating that 40 from the 69.5% are recovered and there are still 29.5% to go.

But reality is that to recover from 6,000 to 19,000 it should go up 316,66%. So these 40% are merely 12.65% of the total recovery needed. In real money the story sounds clearly completely different from what the hedgefundmanager told.

smileypete, Clubber Lang and Xela like this.
  7. Confuse the sheep. Just get their money!

schweiz likes this.
  8. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Huh? That's the CNBC editor's statement not the hedge fund manager's

Don't let your negative bias cloud your judgement ;)

9. schweiz

schweiz

No matter who told it:reality is that to recover from 6,000 to 19,000 it should go up 316,66%.
    It is not a negative bias, it is just a correct statement to avoid that the article would cloud your judgement. ;):thumbsup:

10. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt it was bias.

You were using it to discredit the fund manager and imply cryptocurrencies are a scam.

#10     Feb 21, 2018