Hedge fund manager begs people to buy Toyota stock

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BPtrader, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Despite the recalls, Toyota is a good company.

I would buy it's stock if it were not because I think the markets may go down (or at least not continue to rise) as banks sell to return TARP funds.

#11     Feb 10, 2010
  2. I think to much negative press on Toyota has affected there stock and sales. I still think they make good cars, and that will show after they finish there recall and do some good advertising. It also doesn't help when two of your biggest American competitors are owned by the US government. I still would rather drive a toyota or lexus over any American brand car.

#12     Feb 10, 2010
  3. TM will bounce back as a company. Several years ago people thought Ford was dead due to the tire issue. Most have forgotten and moved on.

#13     Feb 11, 2010
  4. You are right, Lehman brothers from Wall Street sounds much better..

#14     Feb 11, 2010
  5. What are better deals ? I feel like sitting on the fence right now.

#15     Feb 11, 2010
  6. Toyota is not quite the deal Ford was a year ago, but if you're a longer term player it's priced right for some nibbling.

#16     Feb 11, 2010
  7. ammo

ammo

with the falling price of real estate and the number of homeowners owing more than their home is worth, add in rising unemployment, very few new jobs, the ability to sell new cars is going to get much tougher,we are going to keep seeing things hit for price reduction, toyota's a buy when people start buying new cars again,they will be selling all of their 2010 models in jul/aug for cost

#17     Feb 14, 2010