Hedge Fund, major changes. Wow.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Hey Don, I saw your brother playing poker on CASH POKER, he needs to change his betting patterns, he is pretty aggressive before the flop, and on the flop, but slows down after that without a premium hand. Pretty easy to read:)

#11     Aug 15, 2007
  2. Bob says thanks, and invited you to join him in his Wed and Sat cash game at the Venetian. Some of the other players include Jeffrey Katzenberg of Spielberg, Katezenberg, and Geffen, LOL. $50/$100 blind - heck, they don't even hold the game until they call Bob to make sure he's "in"... LOL.

Don

#12     Aug 15, 2007
  3. Well he was at the table with Doyle, Greenstein, Dan Harrington, and some other well known pro`s. He held his own pretty good, but I had the benefit of seeing what cards he was betting with, and they didn`t.

Although, I think Barry said that he has a hard time putting your brother on a hand. That`s what is so great about U-TUBE, you can really study a players game and then use it against them. Like Daniel N. being a calling station when he goes on tilt!!

He is a good tournament player, but he gives his money away in those high stakes cash games!!

#13     Aug 15, 2007
  4. Can you post a link to what you have stated?

I thought that the management fees were "waived" for the $3 billion dollars that just came into the mortgage hedge-fund that was reported to be down nearly 30%.

I would be highly surprised if these new "terms" effected more than just a few in-house Goldman Sachs funds.

#14     Aug 15, 2007
  5. The news on Bloomberg today, and a phone call to my Goldman rep who said he heard the same thing internally. As I said, however, no way of knowing how wide this will spread, just something to think about how it affects the market, volatilty, and potential "new" hedge fund investors and funds. If I get exact details, I will post them up.

Back at it tomorrow, have a great evening.

Don

#15     Aug 15, 2007
  6. the 2% management fee and 20% of profits were fine when there were only a few hundred hedge funds. Last I heard there were over 8,000 now.

They are all chasing the same nickel. There aren't the same opportunities to exploit those miniscule price variations with billions of dollars anymore.

I think its a good idea to restructure the generally accepted hedge fund pay scale. the clients will then be able to pick and choose a little better because many of the less productive funds will go away. The downside is that the good ones will attract way too much money and probably have a hard time allocating all of it. I wish I had that problem.

#16     Aug 15, 2007
  7. What about administrative expenses?

#17     Aug 15, 2007

8. Maybe thats the loophole, administrative expenses will now be charged at 10% of assets!!! LOL.

#18     Aug 15, 2007