Hedge Fund Jobs??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jack5, Jan 29, 2004.

1. I believe the "bulge" is in the context of "big swinging dick".

So now you know... :D

#11     Jan 29, 2004
  2. www.moneycareers.com

(sometimes they have hedge fund positions)

If you are in Chicago...call Citadel. They fire ~10% of their work force every year in January. So, they may have some openings.

#13     Jan 29, 2004
  3. Their xmass party must be fun.....

#14     Jan 29, 2004
  4. Does anyone know if its true that once you join 1-2 prop trading firms, you immediately blacklisted from being hired into a hedge fund?

#15     Jan 29, 2004
  5. Ebo

Ebo

If you work for a PROP firm you may be Blacklisted from from ever getting a job at a Hedge firm. If The SEC finds out they will also tell Homeland Security and they may confiscate your passport.
    Be careful out there.

#16     Jan 29, 2004
  6. RJW39

RJW39

i thought this was America!!!

#17     Jan 29, 2004
  7. the reason I asked about prop trading firms being an issue, was b/c quite a few job listing for hedge funds in new york specifically state no prop traders need apply. Just wanted to know if anybody encountered any problems in the industry.

#18     Jan 29, 2004
  8. Post one of those ads for yucks. I'm guessing the skills of a directional trader swinging 2s and 4s in ES is not the same as a hedge fund type of trader.

#19     Jan 29, 2004
  9. Aaron

Aaron

Here's an example hedge fund position I came across. I've removed the name because I don't know whether the company would want me reposting their ad. This ad came from the AIMR Jobline. (AIMR is the organization that awards the CFA designation.) The Jobline is only available to members, I believe. This is an ad for a large fund-of-funds hedge fund manager in San Francisco.

By the way, if you aren't sure what "portfolio optimization with stochastic adjustment" is, you aren't alone. I'm not either.

#20     Jan 29, 2004