hedge fund idea

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hedgez, Sep 18, 2002.

1. hedgez

hedgez

I have traded for almost 7 years now. I trade exclusively intraday. This system has been a project I've been working on for overnight positions since intraday trading has slowed down considerably. I do have my own capital that I could put into this venture, but ideally, I would like to have a partner and take less risk.

#11     Sep 18, 2002
  2. hedgez-
    before I started trading full-time I "paper traded" and doubled my money in 4 months. When I left my job to trade full-time, I lost half of my real account in about 2 and a half months. That's when reality set in(this was Fall of 2000). After a lot of hard work and a bit of luck, I'm still around.
    In other words, just like the other guys said, paper trading is not a good measure of performance....but if you get a good REAL track record money will be knocking at your door.
    Track record: "Build it. And they will come."

#12     Sep 18, 2002
  3. hedgez

hedgez

Thank you for the post. I have a "real" track record that I am sure is better then 95% of the people on elitetrader. I trade exclusively intraday right now, and this has just been a project of mine. I have not had a negative gross month in the last 2 and a half years. In order to make significant profits using the methodology that I have been paper trading, you need to tie up a lot of money overnight... money that I do not want to put at risk. My intent is simply to find someone with the capital that would like to take a look at what I have developed and hopefully have that person invest in it.

#13     Sep 18, 2002
  4. dawg

dawg

how long does a 'real' track record need to be for it to be considered valid in a potential investors mind?

#14     Sep 18, 2002
  5. You are doing better than 95% of the traders here, you have a "real" track record, you have not had drawdowns of significance, and you can't raise capital?

You either don't know how to make a favorable impression on people with money or something is wrong here.

Hire a salesman to go out and pump your product if it is for real.

Why give away profits to an investor of something that is such a "sure bet" that is going to be traded by a master trader like yourself?

You are trading so successfully, and don't know anyone with money who wants to invest? Where do you hang? Everyone at the club I go to wants to find out ways to make money, and they have the money to play with.

What you are saying simply doesn't add up right.....

#15     Sep 18, 2002
  6. Goto those prop. firms, some of them gives you seed capital, if the system is really good.

#16     Sep 18, 2002
  7. hedgez

hedgez

Unfortunately, I do not know people with several hundred thousand to invest. Is that so difficult to believe. I am not claiming to be a "master" trader. I have done well for myself, and I am trying to take it to the next level. Maybe you spend too much time bashing ideas rather than coming up with your own ideas.

#17     Sep 18, 2002
  8. Dude, when you make claims like this:

"I am sure is better then 95% of the people on elitetrader."

You are gonna catch some heat. Get real.

#18     Sep 18, 2002
  9. u130747

u130747

If your system is so good, why don't you post it. Maybe you will get some bites.

Better than 95%. Yeah right. Put your money up or shut up.

Bert:D :D :D

#19     Sep 18, 2002
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

what type of split are we talking about and how much money....how does one set this up; thru LLC or SubS???

just asking.....

#20     Sep 18, 2002