Hedge fund for sale

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TraderSV, Mar 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack1960

Jack1960

Noone is going to find much value in it

#11     Mar 16, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

If you could not make it work, structured the way it is, why would you think someone else would want to take it on?

Odd one here.

#12     Mar 16, 2019
    comagnum likes this.
  3. JSOP

JSOP

Why are you selling this hedge fund? And only selling for $30K? What do we get for $30K? Any of us can establish trading accounts for free at any brokerages. Why should we pay $30K for 2 brokerage accounts? LOL And it didn't even have any clients, just a "structure"? So we pay $30K for 2 empty brokerage accounts and a bank account that may or may not have any money in it and with 0 clients just a "structure"? And what is with this "HAD regulatory approval"? Why isn't it active now?

The trolls on ET is getting more and more entertaining with each new post.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    #13     Mar 17, 2019
  4. Nobert

Nobert

It's the future valuation :D

#14     Mar 17, 2019
  5. sle

sle

A hedge fund is usually a complex legal structure that has all sorts of entities and moving parts. When done properly, it costs upwards of 50k just to set up with a white-shoe law firm (and investors do look at who your law firm is, your admin, your primes etc).

It's hard to say what is the actual value of the entity the OP is offering but it could easily be 30 grand. On the other hand, it's unclear why he's selling and what the setup details are (the fact that he went with IB and TD for primes is alarming, for example). It's also alarming that the OP would decide to advertise on an internet forum, which would mean he has no connections in the industry.

#15     Mar 17, 2019
  6. Nobert

Nobert

Could you expand more on that ?

#16     Mar 17, 2019
    JSOP likes this.
  7. JSOP

JSOP

And also that it HAD regulatory approval and it's not active anymore and the fact that it's an LLC and not LTD. also means we would have no idea what we are getting into in terms of liabilities. On the most part, it's just a troll post but it does make an entertaining read.

#17     Mar 17, 2019
  8. speedo

speedo

Not exactly institutional turf.

#18     Mar 17, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

When I glanced at this post of yours, I saw "surf" for a brief moment. I almost spittled my drink. Damn you speedo, don't do that! *shakes fist*

#19     Mar 17, 2019
  10. Biggest value comes from possessing the PPM and Offering documents and agreements; definitely need a lawyer to create documents that all coordinate together for the entity. To me, that's where I see the value.

#20     Mar 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.