Hedge Fund Dream Job

Discussion in 'Trading' started by silveredge, Dec 5, 2018.

1. JSOP

JSOP

And he's just going to be so poor at $100K a year!! :(

#11     Dec 5, 2018
  2. I wonder why doesn't he just retire at 55?

Mr. David Goldburg serves as the Senior Partner at Merida Capital Partners, LLC. He serves as the Chief Investment Officer at Battlebourne Capital Management LP. Mr. Goldburg focuses on corporate bonds and loans, including distressed debt at the firm. He founded Battlebourne Capital in January 2016. Mr. Goldburg has specialized in credit investing for the past 25 years, managing proprietary investment portfolios at leading Wall Street firms and hedge funds. He previously served as a Portfolio Manager at Silver Rock Financial LLC until December 2015. He is a Director of O2B Kids Early Education. He serves as Director of Freedom Leaf, Inc since October 2018 and its Chairman of the board since November 28, 2018. Mr. Goldburg was previously employed at Garnet Financial in 2009. Previously, Mr. Goldburg was a Managing Director at Goldman Sachs in the Bank Loan Distressed Investing Group, where he became responsible for managing a $1.0+ billion proprietary investment portfolio and a team of nine analysts. Prior to joining Goldman Sachs, he had senior responsibility managing distressed credit portfolios at Oak Hill Advisors, Morgan Stanley, and Bear Stearns. Mr. Goldburg began his career as an analyst in the mergers and acquisitions group at the First Boston Corporation, received a B.A. in History from Brown University and is a Harry S. Truman Scholar.

#12     Dec 6, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  3. R1234

R1234

I take back calling him a buffoon.

#13     Dec 6, 2018
  4. in today's society, better take matters into own hands and not expect someone (anyone) else to give you a hand.

#14     Dec 7, 2018
  5. Bekim

Bekim

Retirement can be miserable for some people.

#15     Dec 8, 2018
  6. “It’s pretty brutal out there,’’ said Goldburg, who eventually found a job outside hedge funds. “If you have more than 15 years experience, and you want to transition to something else or want that next level of opportunity, there’s never been a worse time.’’
    Few analysts are in dire straits. Many of the senior ones were, or still are, making mid-to-high six figures, with plenty of upside in a good year. But many are also facing something worse -- the panic that comes with realizing their career aspirations will never be attained. They may never make partner or run their own firm.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    .. cry me a river

you were paid too much before and still are.

150 million on govt support at the edge of poverty or in it.
    single moms working two jobs at poverty wages and spenfing hours on a bus to get to it.
    children without enough to eat going to school on empty bellies
    low income families living in support housing complete with lead paint

"brutal"?
    you don't know the meaning of the word...

#16     Dec 8, 2018
    Gotcha likes this.
  7. gaussian

gaussian

How do you manage to capture the whataboutism of millennials so well?

How pitiful you call yourself a trader and don't even see the value this man has brought to people he works for. Perhaps its jealousy. Either way, I hope you grow out of this.

#17     Dec 13, 2018
  8. Sig

Sig

So I'm 45, just so you can't stereotype me as a millennial, and an entrepreneur who has done very well for myself. And I agree with @aquarian1 completely on this, that was exactly my first thought when I read this, cry me a river. I don't know that he was paid too much, but I certainly wouldn't hire someone with this sense of entitlement who is apparently completely thrown when life doesn't hand him the next promotion in line he expects. Whatabouitism is saying that criminal behavior on the part of Trump is somehow to be ignored or excused because of alleged criminal behavior on the part of Clinton. It isn't pointing out that a guy who's been paid mid to high six figures for 15 years and feels entitled to that continuing just because is an asshole in light of the fact that not only isn't anyone entitled to mid to high six figures but plenty of people don't even earn enough to eat while working two jobs. If that's "whataboutism" to you then you may be right up there with the subject of the article.

#18     Dec 13, 2018
    d08 likes this.