Hedge Fund Dream Job is Vanishing

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by trader99, Dec 5, 2018.

1. trader99

trader99

Finally, my call options are up 46% do far today. Keep going GC!! Typing this during work lunch hour. The obontume I really check my portfolio.

#31     Dec 7, 2018
  2. zdreg

zdreg

are you a refugee/refuge from yahoo finance chat?

#32     Dec 7, 2018
  3. JSOP

JSOP

Well the market is going to dead cat bounce back up a bit on Monday I think so your GC options might lose a bit but as long as this Huawei situation does not resolve and no trade agreements between US and China, gold should look good for you. Make sure you sell it before theta sets in.

#33     Dec 7, 2018
    trader99 likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Up 46%? Why not GTFO now? Dude, seriously, have you seen the hell that has been this year? Why risk it? Take the money and run!

#34     Dec 7, 2018
    trader99 likes this.
  5. JSOP

JSOP

What if it's gonna be more hell later on? The more hell the world is, the higher the gold goes. The guy's long in gold calls, dude.

#35     Dec 7, 2018
    trader99 likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Ug, Just get out because of the Trump factor? He's in profit, so take it! *shrugs*

#36     Dec 7, 2018
  7. Why get out, put an appropriate trailing limit

#37     Dec 7, 2018
    trader99 likes this.
  8. trader99

trader99

Thanks for all your replies! I did NOT get out. Mainly because I was at work and busy with meetings and working all day. I checked the prices during lunch. But I took an early lunch. Then I had meetings afterwards. I forgot to check near 1PM PST(closing time).

Oh well. I hope it continues to rally. It looks like it broke out. Let's see...

#38     Dec 7, 2018
  9. trader99

trader99

Definitely something to consider. I hate the theta decay of options. i hope i can get out at the maximum spike. There's still a month left to go.

#39     Dec 7, 2018
    JSOP likes this.
  10. trader99

trader99

I put a limit order on CL way out of the range. Then it got hit and I flipped out of it for $200 in 26 seconds. Now gotta go to work.

All I need is for GC to breakout... It's still holding up around $1250 which is a good sign. But it really needs to breakout and race pass $1300 then we'll all golden(pun intended). hehe

#40     Dec 12, 2018