Hedge Fund company

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by WallstYouth, Apr 5, 2006.

1. I'm looking for details about a particular hedge fund company based in NYC called Intrade, I'm not 100% sure, but I dont think they have anything to do with the Dublin company Intrade (Intrade.com) if anyone can provide some insight about them, their clients, offical website, CEO etc... thanks.

2. You are talking about InTrade, they are not a hedge fund, they are a proprietary trading firm located on Rector street. They are members of NYSE, CBOE, CME, etc. The managing member's name is Mark Frank, good guy. Like most pure proprietary firms, they have no need to have a web site, nor to publicize themselves too much.

3. May I ask what kind of business do they do and how if possible?

4. The only difference between a hedge fund and a proprietary firm is that all the capital in the prop firm is provided by the managing partners. The prop firms usually become members of exchange (NYSE, AMEX, CME, etc) to get the leverages such as risk-based haircut, margin offset, etc. From what I know about InTrade, they engage in mostly statistical and index arb type of trades, quit active, pretty big, not huge, but they do quite well. Very smart group of guys, I would say. Since they don't take in outside money, they have no need to be known, and would only be known in the professional trading firm circuits.