Hedge Fund Book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TimothySykes, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Maverick1

Maverick1

Surf,

How is it so far removed? You think Cohen doesn't put his pants on one leg at a time? Or are you mainly referring to the resources he has at his disposal?

#21     Jun 8, 2007
  2. I think you're confusing the likes of Lampert with DE Shaw or Simons at RenTech. Lampert is a macro and PE guy; Barakett is an activist, etc... Cohen made his best returns trading discretionary with long gamma. None of the latter require supercomputers to trade.

#22     Jun 8, 2007
  3. mike4242

mike4242

Congrats ont he book deal, Tim~I'm glad you'll finally be tell everybody the truth. I'm still amazed at how many times they play Wall St. Warriors every day, it just keeps going and going

#23     Jun 9, 2007
  4. no confusion here. do you really believe these guys would/could have reached their levels using only the tools/information available to the retail/ small fundee??

surf

#24     Jun 9, 2007

5. certainly im not comparing human traits--- where, of course we are all very similar---

im talking about what seperates cohen and the other monsters from the small guys--- resources, INFORMATION, access-- it feeds on itself--making the beast bigger, faster, stronger--usually.

surf

#25     Jun 9, 2007
  6. Buffett doesn't trade by computer; doesn't have one on his desk.

#26     Jun 9, 2007
  7. ok. you don't think he has access to the best information sources? I'm not talking about computer power......however- buffett is a product of his time and is a dinosaur. if he was just starting out today....i don't think he would survive.... certainly not reach his level.

off to the lake. have a good weekend!

#27     Jun 9, 2007
  8. mike4242

mike4242

I'd love to hear how all those guys make their money, but I think Tim's experiences are more helpful to startup hedge fundees and traders. I for one can't wait til October

Tim throw us a few advanced copies!!

#28     Jun 9, 2007
  9. jtnet

jtnet

buffett lol
    he doesnt trade anything,
    just buys up companies and tons of stock and turns the company around, then onto the next

like surfer said, him starting now, would be nothing. he started in the american industrial revolution, not now where its ... the ipod/iphone revolution heh

#29     Jun 9, 2007
  10. #1 Gunner

#1 Gunner

Timmy--You ahve really fallen apart in the past year, down -37% Whats going on?

#30     Jun 10, 2007