Hedge Fund Book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TimothySykes, Jun 7, 2007.

1. At least he is a fellow alum from Tulane! Go Green Wave!

Tim, lose the Atari Game Console behind you on the shelf and step up to an X-box, you can afford it now.

#11     Jun 8, 2007
  2. hedgebox

hedgebox

#12     Jun 8, 2007
  3. "It's a dual screen monitor setup in his hedge fund office/living room"

Actually I have 3 screens, but one is setup to receive TV signals.

"In that case, it looks like it's time for his Executive Assistant / Mother to pass by and clean up a little"

Seriously, I guess she hadn't come that week.

"Tim, lose the Atari Game Console behind you on the shelf and step up to an X-box, you can afford it now"

Its not mine, I swear-- I suck at video games, maybe I'm just not motivated because there's no money involved.

#13     Jun 8, 2007
  4. If you are going to post the pic you got to put an X-box 360 or PS3 in the background. Photoshop a pic of you shaking hands with Trump and frame it and put a few Chess trophies from High School along with a Cartman stuffed doll.

Also a picture of you at your Bar Mitzvah reading the Haftorah and getting pelted with candy will give it the right Martha Stewart touch...

Image baby..... image...

#14     Jun 8, 2007
  5. minx

minx

Haha I worked with one of the girls on that program.

#15     Jun 8, 2007
  6. Does this thread smack of "Hack" or what.

Now, on the other hand, let me read what Stevie Cohen or Eddie Lampert have to say/write....

Of course they're not putting it in writing due to the fact that they are out there DOING IT on a daily basis.

BTW, optioncoach, spare us the geek slap fight over the girls.

Peace!

#16     Jun 8, 2007
  7. Lighten up and enjoy the Friday doldrums... :D

#17     Jun 8, 2007
  8. I'm so tired of Wall St. "experts" trying to prove their market wisdom to everyone. I, along with the entire world, knows that I'm not one of the greats (at least not yet!), but I've had a good run and after reading through all my experiences, you'll learn a ton about trading and probably be pretty entertained, too.

For some reason, the people in this industry have grown accustomed to bragging about their winners and sidestepping their mistakes-- I won't do that. Its through my many mistakes that I've learned my greatest lessons. I wish others would be brave enough to detail their screw-ups (everybody would learn a whole lot more), but for now its just me explaining all my greatest success and failures for your benefit. You're just gonna have to wait and see if I'm half the teacher I think I am.

#18     Jun 8, 2007
  9. jtnet

jtnet

do you cover exactly what you have traded in the passed and where you F'ed up and made $. i know you cant cover present day stuff. sounds like the book would be entertaining none the less. i enjoy real world trading stories. ill look for it on .pdf soon heh.

#19     Jun 8, 2007
  10. exactly. people throw these household names around like steve c or eddie l fact is ...what they do is so far removed from the retail trader or start up hedge fundee its ridiculous to even mention them. tim on the other hand has tons to offer the retail guy and start up hedge fundee since he did it and that's a fact jack.

surf

#20     Jun 8, 2007