Hedge against the IRS?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lundy, Jun 12, 2002.

1. lundy

lundy

Is this possible? Heres an idea I have.

For everything that goes up, something else goes down. If gold rises, the dollar goes down. Stocks/bonds, everything is related. There can't just be growth, there must be growth and decay at the same time.

So heres my idea. If I am paying the IRS 100k a year. Shouldn't I also be able to short whatever is the opposite of the IRS? Isn't there some kind of deficit bill or whatever it might be called that would go up or down based on taxes collected by the IRS?

It seems that by doing such, you could hedge yourself and not lose anything to the IRS.

Is this even remotely possible? is it already in existence?

2. No.

3. lundy

lundy

ok metoox, since u got more posts that me, you must be right. :D

irs sux :(

4. Babak

Babak

The opposite of the IRS you say? You want to short Santa?

5. Experience counts ...

6. huby

huby

I'm not quite positive but I think if you put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger it permanantly gets you out of paying taxes. Anyone know for sure on this? Other than that I don't know of any other ways. LOL

7. lundy

lundy

you guys are funny, but i mean it in earnest...

if you pay the irs, you are shrinking the debt the government owes. Seems like you could go short bonds? But i guess the wise have spoken. :D

8. nkhoi

nkhoi

9. Babak

Babak

nkhoi,

no, no! the lesson there is that you should start a cult not join one!

10. I agree it pays to be some kind of guru these days. The hard part is conning people out of their money.

#10     Jun 12, 2002