Heating Oil spreads

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by actionzip54, May 8, 2013.

1. Q/V is very liquid.. you would do this with +1M/-2Q/+1V you betting on a break out.. its at the top of a long term channel right now.. obviously .. i know i'm not telling you anything.. but you won't lose edge by putting on flys.. you will gain edge by the fact that its such a good hedge.. just a guess though.. watch it..

#21     May 9, 2013
  2. Cool Ill check it out. I'm open to anything and learned in trading that most of the time it's the stuff you never thought of that can be the best ideas.

#22     May 9, 2013
  3. Can you spoon feed this chart to a rookie a little more and tell me what you are looking at?

Obviously I understand that Gas Oil is the ICE/ European version of HO.

#23     May 9, 2013
  4. managing is just holding on tight :) i've got 1 butterfly on.. of course i wish the neutrality was lower then where it is..but thats life..

#24     May 9, 2013
  5. Long the Jul-Sep13 Rbob at 581.

I hope that NG trade keeps going your way caveman.

#25     May 9, 2013
  6. we shall see..

#26     May 9, 2013
  7. Sorry, this one is up to date. I did not realize the Gulf Coast curve (red, below) was so dated in the previous post (green).

This is just the forward curves for NWE gasoil as you noticed, with Gulf Coast and NY harbor ultra low sulfur diesel (ULSD). If you're going to trade a NY product, you need to watch the others because if the spreads get too large, physical product will start to move which should limit (in theory) backwardation in the front.

[​IMG]

#27     May 9, 2013