Heat goes on: Earth headed for warmest year on record

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Nov 21, 2014.

1. fhl

fhl

It's almost as if climatecon scientists never speak to one another.

#51     Nov 22, 2014

2. Yes, that's what it is. They are all conspiring together to make Al Gore rich. Not that everyone is measuring the temperature on the same planet.

#52     Nov 22, 2014
  3. fhl

fhl

Thank you for your admission.
    Finally

#53     Nov 22, 2014

4. The sad thing is that you believe that. Earth to fhl....earth to fhl....can you read me....LOL

#54     Nov 22, 2014
  5. Max E.

Max E.

:D

#55     Nov 22, 2014
  6. fhl

fhl

[​IMG]

#56     Nov 22, 2014
    gwb-trading likes this.
  7. GLACIER NATIONAL PARK, Mont. — What will they call this place once the glaciers are gone?

A century ago, this sweep of mountains on the Canadian border boasted some 150 ice sheets, many of them scores of feet thick, plastered across summits and tucked into rocky fissures high above parabolic valleys. Today, perhaps 25 survive.

In 30 years, there may be none.

A warming climate is melting Glacier’s glaciers, an icy retreat that promises to change not just tourists’ vistas, but also the mountains and everything around them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/23/u...on&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0

#57     Nov 22, 2014
  8. stoic

stoic

Adults who wish to improve their reading comprehension skills have the opportunity to do so through literacy programs, online websites, CD rom software and determined individual effort.

#58     Nov 22, 2014

9. Ok, so from what I can discern, this is what you asked............

How do you really know that average global temperatures are 1.22 degrees above the 20th-century average.

And here is your answer ........it is very complex and obscure......

thermometers.

You see, there are, and have been, thousands of them all over the world. Even in the southern hemisphere. People look at them and write down the numbers. There are thousands of log books with these numbers. Scientists look at the numbers and assemble them into into averages and charts and graphs. One thing they noticed when looking at these records is that thermometers located in urban settings had slightly higher readings then one's located out in the country. I presume you know why. So, to compensate for the error they adjusted these urban readings downwards. But some urban readings are higher than others because the city is larger. So they used the night time lights as seen by satellites to determine city size and therefor how much to adjust the readings. This is the famed "manipulation by the conspirators to make Al Gore rich" that the "skeptics" talk about.

I hope that answers your question.

#59     Nov 22, 2014
  10. stoic

stoic

I see ...... so you say with absolute certainty that...... "thousands of climate scientists stationed around the globe to record and report local temps had the calibrated instruments to quantify global temps to such meticlusness in the 1880s"

Yes or no?

#60     Nov 23, 2014