Heartland Securities Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by GHansen, Mar 27, 2003.

1. GHansen

GHansen

Supposedly Heartland declared bankruptcy. Can any Heartland traders confirm this? Saw the story on http://www.traderbulletin.com Guess the Watcher software co. may be for sale...not that anyone would want to buy it.

G.

2. thieves pissed the dealers off so much by stealing, that the dealers are such jagsmokes now

3. I always continued to hear that they were doing OK so I am kind of surprised. Also wasn't the rumor that they were bought out by Schonfeld or was that a false rumor?

4. gongish

gongish

heartland was bought by schonfeld.

5. that link you gave is not working

6. So if this was true is Schonfeld the one taking it in the cornhole because they bought a bad company? I still can't figure out why schonfeld would want to buy broadway or heartland.

7. GHansen

GHansen

Hmmm. I saw this at www.traderbulletin.com and that URL seems to work okay. Maybe I typed in the URL code wrong or something.

On another note, I heard Schoenfeld didn't buy Heartland, but instead simply took some of their traders.

8. Interesting how more Heartland traders aren't chiming in about this. Are there any Heartland traders still trading?