Hearing Chicago MERC trader commited suicide after blowing out

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Oct 16, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

Market making and market taking is not the same thing.

nitro

#21     Oct 16, 2008
  2. I'm not sure what you're saying nitro.

Are you suggesting the MM's aren't handling this volatility very well?

#22     Oct 16, 2008
  3. I was friendly with Philip Heymeyer's ex (Sherri Daley) in Westport, CT who wrote a book about her life with him, named after his sailboat . . . High Cotton.

#23     Oct 16, 2008
  4. Lots of traders make a killing in the same way GS LEH and BS made their money.

They play against a very small likelyhood of ruin and take shots.

Some get to retire before the swan bites them

Others get run over.

Nothing mysterious about it.

#24     Oct 16, 2008
  5. My thinking is celebrating the dead and mourn the living. After all WTF is such a big deal of a death? Especially a death by choice. Mourn the living and the grieving who are left behind if you must be emotional. In India/orient they mourn the new born as he/she came into this life kicking and screaming. A death is nothing, we should have a champagne and cheer them on. Lets put things in perspective. Then again, I believe in reincarnation too...so there...

#25     Oct 17, 2008
  6. dave74

dave74

Keep the arrogance coming Germantrader.

I have a hard time believing you're anywhere near as successful as you say you are.

#26     Oct 17, 2008
  7. zdreg

zdreg

I read an article somewhere that when the shit hits the fan in the financial world that the wives are not very supportive. they can't adjust to the lower paycheck and either divorce or start to cheat around. sometimes they do it even with the husband's friends. perhaps some woman pushed him over the line.

#27     Oct 17, 2008
  8. Yeah, to some degree that is true if we are to belive the articles that I've read in the papers.

I'm sorry for his family's loss. Coming from poverty and having been up and down the ladder of poor to middle class while hobb nobbing with the jet set I really think it's all a bunch of game playing [read: bullshit] anyway.

Too bad he didn't see it that way. :(

#28     Oct 17, 2008
  9. zdreg

zdreg

everyone feels angst. we all feel sometimes there but fortune go i.

#29     Oct 17, 2008
  10. That's a great sentiment, andrasnm; I couldn't agree more. I sure wish I believed in reincarnation, though. :(

#30     Oct 17, 2008