Hearing Chicago MERC trader commited suicide after blowing out

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Oct 16, 2008.

1. When I first started trading at the CBOT in the early 80's suicides were pretty common. I'd guess between 1980-83 a couple of dozen traders (even two women). A few "name" guys too. Chris Heymeyer's brother was Charmain of the Cotton Exchange and shot himself to death. Chicago news anchor Walter Jacobson's brother, Alan was a suicide after being blown out of a 650k losing bond long on the years low. There must have been something about that "era" that made suicide so prevalent because it's been uncommon since. When I came into the Bond pit a guy near me killed himself after losing 20 thou. No pun intended but that was a little bit of over-kill....

#11     Oct 16, 2008
  2. Surdo

Surdo

At least you are a legend in your own mind, schmuck!

#12     Oct 16, 2008
  3. What kind of hits to you hear about on Sept opex?

How about DRW?

#13     Oct 16, 2008
  4. jjf

jjf

You will need to open an account and trade real money first before you can claim $900

#14     Oct 16, 2008
  5. nitro

nitro

Options MMs at CBOE terribly worried. I am not going to say more.

nitro

#15     Oct 16, 2008
  6. jim c

jim c

Hey nitro. Unfortunatly I just heard the same rumor here. I havent heard any names. Its terrible. A clerk Im on the headset with came back from lunch and just told us this. He claims its from a very reliable source. damn jim

#16     Oct 16, 2008
  7. nitro

nitro

I know who it was. I am not going to say it. Let his family be notified.

nitro

#17     Oct 16, 2008
  8. jim c

jim c

i dont know about this part however. :D

#18     Oct 16, 2008
  9. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

I love to hear stories like these from the oldies, how it used to be.., but this kinds of shocks me.. quite much:(

#19     Oct 16, 2008

10. nitro,

nice to see you back. Option mm funds are the only funds that are up huge this year. what are the concerns? based on the ones I know and am invested with, they are thrilled so far.

thanks,

surf

ps please pm me if you dont want the info public-- this is important.

#20     Oct 16, 2008