Health issue short term depression

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, May 28, 2013.

1. Where is the mania? The guy is in his late-40s. He is not bipolar. And no, SSRIs are much more effective, but at greater risk.

#11     May 28, 2013
  2. noddyboy

noddyboy

5htp creates serotonin while SSRI blocks serotonin from being converted to 5hiaa, the latter for prevention of suscides. That is why SSRI unfortunately increases sucidal thoughts. Why are SSRI more effective? Honest question because I am interested to know.

Sometimes it is hard to diagnose the mania part, which is why a doctor has to analyze...

#12     May 29, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

The psychological results of your multiple massive losing trades maybe?

#13     May 29, 2013
  4. trendo

trendo

Every 10 days on average you feel depressed and not motivated. This feeling lasts for several hours and then you feel great for the next 7 - 14 days. Who wouldn't take that kind of a deal? Sounds pretty good to me. I agree with the other posters who suggested some counseling.

#14     May 30, 2013
  5. Could be your nightime oxygenation level is taking a hit once in a while because of sleep apnea.

#15     May 30, 2013
  6. Yeah--- but the depressed feeling is brutal, it is short term, but I am nearly incapacitated combined with a pounding headache. thanks!

#16     May 30, 2013
  7. Yeah, possible. will look into it, thanks!

#17     May 30, 2013
  8. Give Vipassana Meditation a try. Here's a manual I started reading recently that gives you a step-by-step guide to get started. Not a quick fix but it works to calm your mind and allow your body to heal naturally.

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe.html

I've done meditation for 4 years just on my own and I'm using this to get more structured and disciplined in my practice. I'm a beginner but it is really something I have found to be beneficial.

#18     May 30, 2013
  9. Yes, situation depression exists. Identify what is causing you stress.

#19     May 30, 2013
  10. ennyjohn

ennyjohn

Yoga and meditation is the best cure for depression .

#20     May 31, 2013