Health Insurance

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by midlifeguy, Jun 15, 2006.

1. I use the UniCare 2000 plan. It costs me about $700 per quarter for my wife and I and 2 kids. The deductible per person is $2000 per year, but the plan includes 4 regular doctor visits with a $30 deductible each and a prescription discount. I don't use or need dental insurance (I use a discount plan for that). I run the deductible and premium through my firm so that the entire amount is offsetting my net gains every year. I haven't found a better alternative to this.

Be sure to really understand your plan. Make sure you call the insurance prior to showing up for some procedure, etc to make sure you are covered. There are ok plans out there, but you just have to be more educated and smarter about it.

Good luck.

#11     Jun 18, 2006
  2. that seems awful cheap fo a 2k deductible in a big city. unless you're 15 years there's no way for a 2 k deductible for yourself wife and 2 kids you're paying $700 per qtr for the above. in atlanta your exact same plan you have for the 2k deductible for a 30 year old is almost $1500 a qtr and i'm willing to bet my area is even cheaper than your area. DO YOU MEAN $700 AMONTH OR MAYBE YOU have A 5 OR 10K DEDUCTIBLE?unicare was bought by wellpoint years ago. go plug in your data to ehealthinsurance.com

#12     Jun 18, 2006
  3. H
    S
    A

#13     Jun 18, 2006
  4. Agreed.

#14     Jun 18, 2006
  5. ugz

ugz

do you mean flexible healthcare spending accounts? familiar with Flex America but can someone suggest other companies that handle HSAs?

#15     Jun 18, 2006
  6. pdonlevy

pdonlevy

I have Blue cross/blue shield.
    Its about $100 cheaper than going on my husbands insurance thru his work.

#16     Jun 18, 2006
  7. volente_00

volente_00

I have the same plan. I pay around 80 a month for myself with dental included.

#17     Jun 18, 2006