Health Insurance

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by runningman, Aug 9, 2008.

1. I went with the Anthem Lumenos HSA w/ a $6k deductible. Only about $320/mo for my family (wife, 2 kids). We live in Ohio.

#11     Aug 12, 2008
  2. Good advice Brandon. That's my opinion too.

#12     Aug 12, 2008
  3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Go to www.ehealthinsurance.com and you can check multiple providers. I'm with BC/BS that I found through the above web site.

#13     Aug 13, 2008
  4. I would advise not to go cheap on the insurance. I pay a little bit more for Blue Cross-Blue Shield. But, it is the absolute best coverage for my state. Also don't forget Life Insurance.

#14     Aug 13, 2008
  5. The whole country should cancel their health insurance coverage. We should have socialized medicine where taxes pay for the health care or pay for the health insurance premiums.

#15     Aug 13, 2008
  6. I would check with the association of the self employed.

You can get good rates through them.

Good luck.

#16     Aug 13, 2008
  7. when you're young and in good health health insurance is no big deal. but once you get in your late 30's early 40's and have a wife and 2 kids it becomes a big issue of always switching carriers to avoid massive rate increases. the problem is at some pt you're get stuck with your carrier with a health issue and thats when you're screwed. i know guys that can't move carriers because of health problems getting hit with 30-50% yearly increases. so your premium with a family at age 40 could jump from $1k a month for good coverage to 2-3k a month fast. i'd recommend if possible that a spouse go work a 9 month job in the school system if possible. not only will you save potentially a million or more over 20 years but you'll ahve peace of mond with great coverage that won't be dropped. jsut something to think of

#17     Aug 13, 2008
  8. Good Post, John Wensink.

I have also heard of people going through their local Chamber of Commerce.

I have never heard or read a thorough explanation as to how this works exactly, however.

Maybe if someone has some experience with this they can flesh it out.

Thanks.

#18     Aug 13, 2008
  9. volente_00

volente_00

You sound like a insurance salesman!
    36k a year for insurance is peanuts for a trader making 7 figures.

:)

#19     Aug 13, 2008
  10. Covert

Covert

Try this website:
    http://gizmohealth.com/

It was started by a former floor trader at the CME- he is definitely tuned in to writing policies for traders.

#20     Aug 13, 2008