Health Insurance in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NasdaqTrader, Jan 8, 2014.

1. PREDICTION: You're not going to do anything except what you're doing now, bitch and moan and cry.
    You're doing more to hurt your health by stressing and obsessing over this than any damage that may be done by the ACA.

#31     Jan 10, 2014
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Overall US healthcare costs are NOT falling (except as related to the recession). Obamacare is NOT lowering costs. The facts do NOT back your assertions.

Here’s Evidence Obamacare Isn’t Lowering Healthcare Costs
    http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/...e-isnt-lowering-healthcare-costs.html/?ref=YF

"There is no sign that the Affordable Care Act was responsible for drop in healthcare-related costs. Rather, the economic recession has been cited as the culprit, which seems reasonable given that costs are expected to jump 6.1 percent in 2014, the year the individual insurance mandate is implemented."

#32     Jan 10, 2014
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You can thank everyone else in this forum for covering your healthcare costs.

#33     Jan 10, 2014
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Overall, no, but then the US population is growing, aging, and the economy is growing.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...r-slowing-the-growth-in-health-care-spending/

Does Obamacare Deserve Credit For Slowing The Growth In Health Care Spending?
    1/08/2014 @ 10:38AM

"The annual report of from the actuaries over at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is out for 2012 and, for the fourth year running, the news is surprisingly good.

"Total healthcare spending in 2012 came in at $2.79 trillion—up just 3.7 percent over the previous year and continuing a four-year trend of significantly reducing the amount of growth in annual healthcare expenditures.

"By way of comparison, before the recent recession, we were averaging annual increases in health care spending of over 7 percent during the calendar years 2000-2008.

"The current numbers represent the slowest rate of growth since the government began tracking the data in 1960.

"Not only were the numbers terrific on an historic basis but, thanks to a growing economy combined with lower healthcare spending, what we shell out for health care actually decreased as a percentage of the total economy—down to 17.2 percent from 17.3 percent—for the first time since President Clinton inhabited the White House. While this may not appear to be a significant drop, the mere fact that healthcare spending as a percentage of GDP is dropping at all is a pretty big deal.

"Of course, along with this good news come the questions seeking to understand why this happening and whether or not we can expect this positive trend to continue."

More>>

#34     Jan 10, 2014
  5. you'd have to keep your 100 billion in non interest bearing or dividend paying accounts or it would put you over the 78k threshold

not sure it would be worth stuffing a mattress with 100 billion just to save $780/mo health insurance

#35     Jan 10, 2014
  6. You can invest it in stocks that do not pay a dividend.

#36     Jan 10, 2014
  7. oh, so that is what it has come to? How to qualify for a subsidy if you have a very high net worth?

Maybe a non dividend paying ETF would be in order.

Hey man, I have no problem taking a subsidy. I have paid enough taxes all my life, I'll take any subsidy they will give me.

Is that the way you really want to run a healthcare system?

"I don't care how much it hurts others, as long as it helps me."?

#37     Jan 10, 2014
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

I've already said, I AM NOT PAYING ANY MORE FEDERAL TAXES mr camper troll. The money will instead be used to buy FORCED "affordable" health insurance that's going to cost me 280% more than what I had before this communist bastard raped working Americans for his control agenda.

#38     Jan 10, 2014
  9. Prediction was correct more crying and bitching and stressing, say hello to your stroke for me. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.
    Funny you got hit with a premium increase and lost your doctor, made my day.

#39     Jan 10, 2014
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

It amazes me that anyone would take joy in seeing Americans lose their health care, THEN be FORCED by a dictator to spend 2-3x the $ under the ruse of an "affordable" health care law. Speaks volumes about your complete lack of character, and shows you're a true traitor. Btw, you say you currently park your home in what part of Texas?

#40     Jan 10, 2014