Health Insurance for Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by heynow, Feb 16, 2005.

1. I've heard of this process of jacking up rates. It's terrible, but what's to keep any other insurer from doing this? Is there some sort of clause that would keep your rate steady?

Also, earlier post said family of four would pay $1000 a month. I'm at $1400 a month for family of four. What would you do given the fact that you have sold insurance? Aren't all rates about the same?

Thanks.

#31     May 26, 2006
  2. nlslax

nlslax

Hey Guy,
    I don't know about you or your family's health status; but generally speaking that's way more than you should be paying. One of the things I do is offer individual health insurance to members of a 4000 person group I work with. I'm licensed only in Florida so I'm not trying to sell you.

Find an established local health insurance brokerage and have them check the rates for you over a wide range of companies. Unless there are pre-existing health issues you're dealing with, I gotta believe you should be able to get coverage with a good company at about half to 2/3 of what you're paying now.
    Also, be careful if you are shown super low rates. With health insurance you generally get what you pay for.
    Good Luck.

#32     May 26, 2006
  3. no way a 35 year family of 4 is $500-$600 for good coverage in nyc a good hmo with $20 co pays $200 in hospital dec you're talking 1k. sure you can get a crappy 5k dec for $500 a month

#33     May 26, 2006
  4. Blue Cross Blue Shield keeps friggin raisin' my premiums every other month....

FU BCBS!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

#34     May 26, 2006
  5. They clobbered a lot of my customers with a 25% rate increase. I just moved them to another carrier with an 18 month rate guarantee.

#35     May 26, 2006
  6. little secret that nase wont bother to tell you unless you ask....once you sign up and get the mega health insurance, you lock in your rate through mega, and can then drop the nase membership (50 or so per month).... and it wont affect your insurance...call nase and/or mega and ask, they will tell you the same thing

going thru nase is worth it b/c you get the group rate, but once you have the insurance, they are totally seperate from nase

nase in and of itself is a total waste of money

#36     May 26, 2006