Health Insurance for Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by heynow, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Ya know, I read James post and bit my tongue. I'm happy you spoke first. The website he provided a link to is affiliated with Net Quote. They've been trying to get me to buy their lead service ($15 for a health lead). I don't think so.

Cheers,
    Chris

#21     May 8, 2006
  2. nlslax

nlslax

How low can you go? This proves that there isn't a bottom.

#22     May 8, 2006
  3. http://www.healthinsurance.com/

I have an individual plan and this is how I found mine.

#23     May 16, 2006
  4. james18

james18

I hate my insurance company. I get into 1 single fender bender, next thing you know my premium increases substantially. I don’t want to mention the insurance company’s name but its one of the biggest one out there. Anyways, I called local insurance companies and wasn’t too successful either. Not only did I spend hours calling around, I waited days for some to get back to me. People have this notion to always go local. But you know what, I checked on the net found it to be easier. So for those who are in a similar situation as me, go online when shopping for insurance... The place I went to is InsurancepayliteThey were able to give a quote that was acceptable to me in the speediest time. Anyways hopes this helps you guys.

#24     May 25, 2006
  5. james 18.................SPAMMER

#25     May 25, 2006
  6. Insurancepaylite sure has a lot of shills on this forum.

#26     May 25, 2006
  7. Yes, Aetna is good.

Be careful of NASE. The rep was cordial until I told him about my medical history, and then he hung up the phone! LOL

#27     May 25, 2006
  8. Golden Rule Insurance... catastrophic coverage at 100%.

#28     May 26, 2006
  9. Insurance 101 - There are captive agents and independent brokers. Captive would be Allstate, Farmers, etc. Not to say they're bad, they have a limited offering. Their products may be good, but if they're not a fit for you, they can't help you. Independent agents can have a wider array of offerings. From buying on the internet you're mainly dealing with independent brokers with a far reach. That's why you were successful in getting car insurance on the internet.

OK, now to web based health insurance shopping. I'm speaking for the Colorado market, others are similar. You go to ehealthinsurance.com and run a quote. Several companies come up. Anthem (Blue Cross/Blue Shield) has the best price so you apply. Two weeks later you're declined because you're taking Lovastatin to control cholesterol. Your cholesterol is at 190 but they still decline you. Unfortunately, now when you apply for life, health, long term care, disability insurances you will have to answer the following question "yes." Have you ever been turned down for insurance due to health reason?.

Enter the local agent. If he does his job properly, he'll prescreen your health to see how the companies will treat your pre-existing conditions, then focus in on the best candidates for you. Check out the attached document if you want to know more.

ps:And boy did I get sucked into this one. I just realized the post I quoted was from our spammer for paylite insurance, James18.

#29     May 26, 2006
  10. for home and car try gmac insurance. by far the best rates i found. in addition i pay them with a gmac credit card and get a 5% rebate against my next car purchase.

http://www.gmac123.com/

#30     May 26, 2006