Health Care Solution

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PocketChange, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Medicare is allegedly going broke.
    Govt has all infrastructure and historic data on cost to insure each senior.

Offer the medicare plan as is to individuals, families and businesses as the public option plan. Mark up the cost of the premiums so medicare does not go broke.

Insurance companies can still sell supplemental policies and premium insurance policies.

Cut the bill going through congress down from 1000 pages of lobbying lawyersleaze and get it out of the corrupt power mongers to a simple amendment of the existing medicare program.

Kill 2 birds with one stone...
    Seems logical and simple enough.. what am i missing besides the pork?

2. Retief

Retief

I like it. It could be phased in gradually too. Right now, Medicare is for people 65 and older. Next year, they could make it for people 60 and older. The next year, lower the age requirement again and so on, until eventually everyone can qualify.

3. Sounds like a great idea. Everything is already in place... all they'd have to do is figure out the pricing.

However, they'll never go with it...

1. Doesn't leave enough room to steal.

2. Doesn't increase government control over the people ENOUGH to satisfy Libtards.

The Dems' "healtcare plan" is MORE about increasing government control into our lives. The notion of medical care is smoke to obfuscate their true objective.

:mad:

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

And that my friend is why it will never happen. It's simple, it's logical and there's no pork.

Until we get congressional term limits, we're all just pissing in the wind.

5. Interestingly the insurance companies are against a federal mandated program while lobbying for federal protection against being sued via ERISA and various other enacted laws.