Health Care Passed

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 700express, Mar 22, 2010.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Oh me oh my! The sky is falling. The sky is falling.:p :D :p

#31     Mar 22, 2010
  2. As a republican, I will admit that some of these Characters are absolutely ignorant and seem to have no idea what they are talking about. On the other hand though, many democrats that voted for Obama have suddenly come to the right. I have to wonder how many of these people that are out there were disgruntled ex-obama voters. It would explain the lack of intelligence. On the other hand,some of the questions were loaded. Like the "where in the healthcare bill is that?" question. Well...nobody knows because its 2000 pages that was shoved down our throats.

#32     Mar 22, 2010
  3. Yes indeed.....Ron Paul, Alex Jones and many others were RIGHT ON THE MONEY with the 2008 financial/economic blowout call! :cool:

Lets see if they are RIGHT again with their predictions of what this health care bill will bring. :cool:

#33     Mar 22, 2010
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yeah, they would have to because of all the millions of us that are determined to abuse, avoid, obfuscate, distort, dilute, deceive etc to escape the system.

1099s do not write themselves. 1099s do not mail themselves to the IRS. There are about 1 million ways to hide capital gains on physical assets. I hope all the 16,000 new agents are all CPAs because they will need those skills. Some firearms training may be in order as well. :)

We all have to make our choices. I made a couple of hard choices this morning. I laid off my two liberal employees (times are tough and they are the best suited for the new green jobs and the new medical jobs) and snatched all the funds from my 401k (I will pay the penalty and then save from after-tax income for now on). I adjusted my estimated payments so that I owe a little at the end of the year (to avoid delayed refunds etc). I'm deferring a large block of income for 2-years. I'm leaving some money sitting in Canada that is trapped until I pay US taxes on it. Let it rot.

Congratulations America, you turned a legitimate law abiding citizen into a tax dodge and scofflaw.

#34     Mar 22, 2010
  5. aegis

aegis

Umm, yah. I doubt it.

#35     Mar 22, 2010
  6. achilles28

achilles28

According to the CBO, by 2016, the cheapest family health care plan that Americans will be required to buy under the law will cost $12,000 per year. The average family plan will cost $15,200. A family of four making $88,201 per year—or more than 400 percent of the poverty level—will not receive any federal subsidy to purchase such a plan. They will pay taxes, however, to subsidize the health care purchases of people earning less than 400 percent of poverty.
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/63118

#36     Mar 22, 2010
  7. This tactic could be the ultimate cure for the economy. OK, everybody. Uncle Sam here. You are hereby required to run, not walk, to your local Best Buy store to purchase a new 60" HDTV to help stimulate the economy. Next week all of you will be required to buy a personal windmill. After that...a toaster. Hell...whatever it takes.

#37     Mar 22, 2010
  8. I have not studied enough of this bill to make a clear opinion yet. However, there is one issue I see come up a lot - and that is the requirement to buy health insurance.

What is everyone's opinion of an uninsured person going to an emergency room for life saving treatment. Should they be turned away? Would you turn them away and let them die?

If you do decide to treat them, doesn't society ultimately bear the cost?

#38     Mar 22, 2010
  9. jem

jem

Great question... and I agree with the implicit point.

But, requiring to buy something means we lose our freedom to a third party. To someone for whom we can not even vote.

Someone who can buy our politicians with our money.

It is a very solid step to the future corporation controlled world. Rollerball and logans run all at once.

#39     Mar 22, 2010
  10. 4EXJOE

4EXJOE

Treat and then bankrupt. Or treat then deport.

While I'm not a fan of the former, I would pay double for the latter.

The problem is now that in the latter scenario that not only will uninsured illegal aliens not be deported, ACORN will sign them up for full citizenship on the spot!

So in the end, the shadow economy that emerges to treat this group is going to be FAR better than Obamacare.

Just can't sue the Dr. if your kid turns out to be a retard.

#40     Mar 22, 2010