Health Care Law = Secret Gold Coin Tax

Discussion in 'Economics' started by IanMacQuaide, Jul 21, 2010.

1. The government is attacking gold. Previously, Bernanke mentioned gold as being too high.

This government doesn't like empowered people!

Buy your tangible assets before you have to register each gold coin with the government!

2. MKTrader

MKTrader

"Starting Jan. 1, 2012, Form 1099s will become a means of reporting to the Internal Revenue Service the purchases of all goods and services by small businesses and self-employed people that exceed $600 during a calendar year."

It's not just gold. This inane law will add to the already egregious amount of time/money that small businesses spend on taxes/accounting. And of course, it gives the IRS many more chances to tack on penalties and do excessive snooping if they think someone isn't complying.

One more way small business/self-employed are getting the shaft. Before long, many may give up their businesses, claim to be looking for other employment and collect (never ending?) unemployment benefits. That seems to be the only route promoted by this administration.

3. The tighter they grip the more revenue they lose. Black market bartering will flourish. Perhaps i`ll buy a chunk of land close to my town and start a flea market?

4. self-employed can't get unemployment benefits

5. Here's how it's gonna happen.
    Incrementally.
    First, anything we have to register/pay a transfer tax on, ie: cars, boats, motorcycles, will get taxed under the new Asset Tax the Dems will dream up, just you wait.
    Then, they'll pass laws making it illegal to transfer ownership of damn near anything w/out notifying the IRS of the transfer. Guns,
    Beds, TV's, Computers, etc.
    Then, our criminal political element will declare we must pay a tax on everything we own, every year. We'll be lucky if we can claim depreciation on our light bulbs.

And that, dear friends, is how a nation of freemen become slaves.

6. RickLong

RickLong

I agree 100%

7. Like the frog in a slowly heated pot of water won't jump out, it happens over time.

It will start out only affecting the moneyed, yeah let's tax 'em on their gold! Then before long, we will have to notify the IRS every time we get a filling.

Think that's hyperbole? In 1913, the top tax rate was 7% on incomes above $500,000 ($10 million 2007 dollars).

8. MKTrader

MKTrader

That was my point. That's why I said they may just "give up" (dissolve) their businesses, apply for a few jobs and then start collecting UBs.

#10     Jul 22, 2010